Senior Director of Sponsored Projects Financial Administration
The Senior Director of Sponsored Projects Financial Administration has responsibility for overseeing the post-award financial administration and business analytics functions relating to sponsored projects for our University client. This key leadership position has a primary reporting line to the Vice President for Finance and Chief Financial Officer with a dual reporting line to the Senior Associate Provost for Research Administration. The Senior Director is responsible for developing and maintaining effective and efficient policies, business processes, tools, and technology to sponsored projects financial administration and compliance at the university. The Senior Director is responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing post-award financial management training for faculty and staff in order to foster awareness, understanding, and support for a strong internal control environment regarding financial administration of sponsored projects at the University.
The Senior Director has direct oversight responsibility for the operations of the University's Office of Sponsored Projects Financial Management and Business Analytics teams. These operational responsibilities include grants and contract award set-up amendments, financial reporting creation and submission, invoicing, cash draws, collection, and application of payments, account receivables, financial closeouts, quality assurance of financial information and managing internal and external audits of such activity. The position is also responsible for overseeing the effort reporting process. This position requires a high degree of collaboration with other central financial and administrative offices as well as schools and units across the campus
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or related field and 10 years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Strong, results-oriented leader with a demonstrated track record of delivering exceptional results in terms of both What and How work is accomplished. Demonstrated ability to effectively manage, motivate and coach a team under tight deadlines. Ability to take initiative, prioritize workload, and work independently.
- Well-developed leadership, managerial, decision-making, planning, organizational, and problem-resolution skills. High level strategic planning skills. Ability to anticipate changes in the business environment and proactively lead and manage change.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Highly collaborative with the ability to use formal and informal authority, influencing skills, good judgment, and analytical problem-solving ability. Ability to adapt communication style to address the needs of faculty and staff at all levels.
- In-depth knowledge of 2CFR 200, federal agency policy, and cost accounting standards. Understanding and hands-on experience with ERP systems in a high-volume sponsored award environment. Ability to guide and deploy the effective use of large complex, financial systems (Workday preferred) to facilitate adherence to federal regulations and sponsor requirements.
- Demonstrated appreciation and respect for principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Ability to engage with diverse audiences (age, gender, nationality, race/ethnicity, profession, etc.).
Apply for Senior Director of Sponsored Projects Financial Administration
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Financial Affairs Administrative $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Grants & Contracts Administrative $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Hartford