Rosenthal Endowed Professor of Public Administration and Director
The School of Public Administration at the University of New Mexico invites applications for a faculty appointment as the Rosenthal Endowed Professor of Public Administration and to serve as the Director of the School of Public Administration to begin in Fall 2021. The Rosenthal Endowed Professor is a full-time, tenure-track or tenured position with specialization in Public Administration practice and Public Management scholarship. The Directorship of the School is a one-half time, administrative position reporting to the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Public Administration or a related field. For best consideration, all application materials must be received by February 12, 2021. The initial term for the Director is four years and the Endowed Professor is six years, with both appointments renewable.
Applicants must demonstrate evidence of educational excellence and leadership, a distinguished record of research and publication in Public Administration, and significant administrative experience in leading an academic, degree-granting unit. The Rosenthal Endowed Professor will teach graduate courses in Public Administration and Public Management, Comparative and International Administration, supervise masters students, and contribute to core and elective graduate courses in both the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and Master of Health Administration (MHA) programs. The SPA Director is responsible for: administering faculty governance processes including hiring, tenure, and promotion; overseeing College and UNM policies and procedures; supervising staff in daily academic and business operations; conducting outreach with local and state government agencies, non-profits, and healthcare organizations; developing and marketing the two SPA masters programs; advancing the SPA reputation and stature; maintaining program competencies and accreditation; and representing the SPA to the university, field, and community.
- Ph.D. from a nationally accredited university in Public Administration or closely related social science discipline, e.g. Public Affairs, Political Science, or Public Policy.
- Evidence of specialization in Public Administration or Public Management.
Preferred Qualifications (in order of preference by position):
- A distinguished record of success in cutting-edge research and peer-reviewed publication in Public Administration as evidenced through the submitted CV or letters of recommendation (Rosenthal Professor)
- Demonstrated success in university teaching in Public Administration as evidenced through the submitted CV or letters of recommendation.
- Significant administrative experience in leading an accredited, academic, degree granting unit in Public Administration at an accredited college or university as evidenced through the submitted CV or letters of recommendation (Director).
- Demonstrated success working with government at all levels—federal, state, and local—and in program development for public and not-for-profit institutions and agencies (Director).
- Demonstrated success in recruiting students and ensuring their competence and success (Director).
- A demonstrated ability to raise funds for program development (Director).
- A demonstrated understanding and potential to teach in Health Services Management as a secondary field (Rosenthal Professor).
- A demonstrated record of research and peer-reviewed publication in Comparative and International Administration.
- A demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and student success, as well as working with broadly diverse communities.
The School of Public Administration is a graduate, professional program which grants two degrees, the Master of Public Administration (MPA) and the Master of Health Administration (MHA).The MPA program is one of the oldest NASPAA-accredited programs in the nation. The University of New Mexico is a Carnegie Doctoral Very High Research Activity Institution and a Hispanic-Serving Institution, with over 33,000 students on the main and branch campuses. The University of New Mexico is located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Albuquerque is an ethnically diverse city with a rich culture and a location offering opportunities for outdoor adventure. The university is located within minutes of the Sandia and Manzano mountain ranges, which offer great opportunities for hiking, biking, rock climbing, and skiing. Albuquerque, the largest city in New Mexico, is located approximately fifty miles south of Santa Fe, the state capital.
To apply please access the University of New Mexico’s online application system at https://unmjobs.unm.edu and apply for posting requisition number Req14443. Only applications submitted through this website can be considered. A complete application consists of a cover letter, statement of research interests, statement of teaching philosophy, curriculum vitae, and a list of names of three recommenders that include their email address and phone number. Please include posting requisition number Req14443 in the cover letter. Applicants who are appointed to a UNM faculty position are required to provide an official certification of successful completion of all degree requirements prior to their initial employment with UNM.
For best consideration, all required application materials must be received by Friday February 12, 2021. Only complete applications will be considered. The position will remain open until filled. Inquiries about the online application process can be directed to the Search Coordinator, Ms. Shirley Rey Lovato via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The University of New Mexico is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply including women, minorities, and those from underrepresented groups.
UNM confidentiality policy (“Disclosure of Information about Candidates for Employment,” UNM Board of Regents’ Policy Manual 6.7), which includes information about public disclosure of documents submitted by applicants, is located at http://www.unm.edu/~brpm/r67.htm
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Albuquerque
- Professional Fields Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Albuquerque
- Public Administration & Policy Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Albuquerque
- Executive Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Albuquerque
- Executive Directors Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Albuquerque