Research Assistant II
A Research Assistant II position is immediately available in the Dr. Rosas laboratory at Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine, Baylor College of Medicine. Applicants are sought to support laboratory investigations into molecular mechanisms underlie the pathogenesis of pulmonary fibrosis and other chronic lung disorders. We are seeking highly self-motivated individuals to provide research support, technical assistance, and lab organization.
The primary responsibilities will include:
a) Mouse colonies maintenance
b) Cell culture work
c) Research equipment and laboratory maintenanced
d) Perform routine experiments (e.g., western blot and qRT-PCR, cell transfections etc) under guidance from senior members of the research group
Successful candidate will join vibrant research environment which focuses on understanding the pathobiology of interstitial lung disorders using cutting edge approaches.
- Assists with Grant Writing Plans, directs, and conducts research experiments
- Administrates and manages research procedures
- Oversees lab equipment and lab space
- Conducts literature searches and summarizes information in an appropriate format for a particular study.
- Documents results of experiments and reports to principal investigators.
- Trains and orients less experienced research staff.
- Defines problems and possible solutions.
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or a related field.
- Experience Required: Three years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: None Required.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston