Director of Workforce Development Program
Job Summary/Basic Function
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Community Engagement, Government and Economic Development, the Director will provide oversight and strategic direction for the development, implementation and assessment of programs, services and outreach efforts related Millersville University’s workforce development and business outreach initiatives. The Director will work with regional workforce development organizations/businesses/industries to assess workforce training needs and placement opportunities. This includes, but is not limited to: customized training for business and industry, nonprofit and government sectors; regional workforce development programs; professional/career training programs; and non-credit adult education programs. This position is responsible for overseeing non-credit programs and services including the Corporate University, Nonprofit Resource Network, and Certified Public Manager ( CPM ) programs.
Annual salary is $54,768 plus comprehensive benefits including tuition waiver for self and dependents. The benefit summary can be found at https://www.passhe.edu/inside/HR/syshr/Benefit_Summaries/PEBTF_Summary.pdf
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of 3 years or more experience working in career education, workforce development, or professional training and education.
• A minimum of 3 years or more experience in strategic planning, program development, and assessment.
• Proven experience developing, delivering or managing professional training and development programs and services.
• Excellent communication skills (oral & written) and ability to speak effectively to a variety of stakeholders from all different backgrounds
• Proven experience and success in securing and managing workforce development grants or contracts
• Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy.
• Demonstrated experience preparing and presenting reports to executive teams, clients, or business prospects.
- Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Successful interview
- Satisfactory background checks.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field from a regionally-accredited institution
• Experience working in a higher education institution.
• Experience working with online learning management systems and online training providers.
• Experience working with collective bargaining units.
Special Instructions to Applicants
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Millersville