The Entrepreneur-In-Residence (EIR) is responsible for developing new entrepreneurial opportunities and expanding existing opportunities within the community. Under the direction of the Director, Institute for Entrepreneurship (IFE), will lecture, mentor business startups and existing businesses, and bring real-world expertise and entrepreneurial practice to the Naples Business Accelerator Program
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
• Mentors Businesses in the Naples Accelerator Cohort Program
- Assists in the operations of the business incubator facility for the Naples Business Accelerator Program, including collaborating with the local business community, students, alumni, and faculty.
•Consults with community members, alumni, and students, and mentors on business issues such as R&D, strategic marketing, customer development, business development, and venture capital funding and strategic partnering.
•Establishes a network of experienced entrepreneurs and investors that are good candidates for future support and interaction with the IFE and the Naples Business Accelerator Program.
•Facilitates entrepreneurship and economic development in Southwest Florida by connecting the IFE to other entrepreneurial resources to drive awareness of the Naples Business Accelerator Program.
•Collects and analyzes data on activities and events to assess and report on program participation and effectiveness. Gives this information to the Program Coordinator to prepare monthly reports, presentations and proposals.
•Attends various events and networks within the business community to promote the IFE and identify opportunities for collaboration.
•Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Entrepreneurship, Management, Marketing, Engineering, Technology, or a closely related field.
Four years of experience in a business start-up or growing start-ups or existing businesses.
Experience in funding new ventures and raising private capital.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
Existing network of contacts in the business, technology, or sustainability community in SWFL .
Experience teaching in a higher education setting.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, statutes, regulations, codes, and standards related to the area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of business and management principles with emphasis on R&D, strategic marketing, business development, and venture capital funding.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply the Lean Startup Method, Business Model Canvas, and pitching to investors.
- Knowledge and proficiency with personal computers and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong social media skills and understanding of mobile and internet technologies and trends.
- Skill in talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated skill as a self-starter with a strong drive to produce results.
- Ability to compile, organize, interpret, and communicate accounting data and results in a concise format.
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively within a diverse community and willing to contribute to a team effort.
- Ability to utilize data and information to make decisions and projections.
- Ability to expertly and professionally network within the business and local communities.
- Ability to conduct short-range and long-range project planning studies.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance and motivation.
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Other Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers