Posting Number: SRGV4826
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Grants Accounting
Scope of Job:
To manage the daily operations and functions of an assigned finance or accounting unit. Responsible for supervising staff assigned to the area and implementing strategic programs to ensure the improvement of the department's business processes in accordance with the University's mission and goals.
Description of Duties:
• Manages the daily operations of assigned accounting or finance unit and associated complex accounting or financial assignments in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
• Develops, reviews and evaluates unit activities and support systems and implements changes to improve and maintain the effectiveness of unit operations.
• Coordinates accounting work procedures and operations in the department to achieve efficiency.
• Creates, reviews and approves various accounting records, reports, and applications.
• Provides accounting and financial support and services to various university departments, and internal and external users.
• Assists in implementing short and long range strategies and financial plans in support of departmental goals.
• Prepares statements, reports, projects, estimates, and/or projects as requested.
• Coordinates with administrators and other departments the timely processing of all applicable transaction.
• Develops procedures for collecting and reporting financial, accounting, and statistical data.
• Interprets and ensures assigned unit is in compliance with federal, state, and local policies including internal UTRGV policies and procedures.
• Participates in assigned committees or meetings and attends professional development seminars..
• Assigns, supervises and evaluates the work of the assigned staff.
• Resolves issues/problems that arise with the campus community and/or vendors.
• Identifies future needs and establishes requirements for the department.
• Handles complaints/grievances and disciplinary actions for employees when necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General direction from the assigned supervisor.
Direct supervision of all assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
Four (4) years of financial or accounting related experience, including supervisory experience.
Use of standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office Environment; some travel and weekend work is required.
Exceptional planning and organizational skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of miscellaneous office equipment.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 01/04/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/26945