Assistant Professor - Agricultural Economics
Tenure track positions the areas of Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or related.
Doctor in Philosophy degree in Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, or related area, from an accredited institution and completion of all requirements by date of hire. Excellent performance in teaching undergraduate and graduate courses will be expected of the selected candidate. Must demonstrate the potential for excellence in teaching in areas of agricultural management and agribusiness; accounting, agricultural marketing, finance, and theoretical and quantitative methods, focusing on agricultural sector. Aiming at developing a sustained mentoring program of graduate students. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish. Working knowledge of Spanish is desirable or willingness to learn.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
This is a full-time tenure track appointment (100%, 9-month teaching appointment). It is anticipated that the person in this position will work closely with other faculty members (research and/or extension). Faculty responsibilities include teaching graduate and undergraduate courses, coordinate undergraduate teaching laboratories, mentor graduate students, participate in faculty committees, professional service, and improvement activities. The selected candidate will also perform any other reasonably related duties assigned by the Department Chairman, including writing grant proposals to obtain external funding for research.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send the following documents to the address below or send PDF to the e-mail provided:
- Letter of Intent
- Curriculum Vitae
- Undergraduate, Graduate, and PhD official transcripts
- Three (3) Professional References
Dr. Alwin J. Jiménez-Maldonadofirma
University of Puerto Rico, Mayagüez Campus
Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology
Call Box 9000
Mayagüez, Puerto Rico 00681- 9000
Telephone: (787) 832-4040, ext.
3860, 2471 Fax: 787-265-3860
To learn more about the Department
of Agricultural Economics and Rural Sociology at UPRM, please
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/V/H
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Business & Management Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Economics Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Tenured/Tenured Track $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Puerto Rico