Electrical Engineer - (STA006785)
Provides plan reviews of electrical equipment such as electronic systems, low/medium voltage systems, switchgear, transformers, emergency power systems, control systems, and all associated power needs in medical facilities, research laboratories, office buildings, academic buildings and related structures.
- Oversees and coordinates the design and development of the utility master plan for the campus, including the periodic updating of the master plan.
- Initiates deferred maintenance projects to address deficient systems on the campus including component campuses.
- Assists project management and maintenance staff in troubleshooting and problem analyzation of building and plant electrical systems.
- Actively promotes and seeks to increase energy efficiency and sustainability for campus facilities.
- Coordinates with internal and external customers to perform regulatory reviews.
- Inspects the electrical systems on construction projects via site inspections. Tests electrical, mechanical, and electronic equipment and systems in accordance with contract requirements.
- Makes calculations and sizes equipment taking into consideration the facility's needs. Review specifications, architectural plans, and building codes to gather supplementary data on which to base designs and coordinates with architects, civil and mechanical engineers to avoid interferences and ensure proper integration of systems.
- Review drawings, cost estimates, design analyses, plans and specifications submitted by private firms to ensure compliance with standards and applicable University, State and Federal codes.
- Conducts energy conservation investigations and initiates follow up projects.
- Documents all electrical systems changes using AUTOCAD.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelors and 5 years experience.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited University in Electrical Engineering.
Requires a minimum of six (6) years of directly job-related experience.
Advanced knowledge of electrical engineering concepts, principles and theories to design Electrical facilities and systems. Knowledge of related engineering disciplines such as civil and mechanical engineering.
Registered Professional Electrical Engineer.
Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Previous experience in higher education, hospitals or hotels a plus.
* This position is an essential position for Facilities and Construction Management. Essential position you will be required to perform the work needed if directed by management even when the office or school is closed and may be required to report to work.
Note: Applicants attach 3 professional references with your submission
Notes to Applicant: Please include a minimum of 3 professional references with your attachments.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston