Nursing Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty_122220
Weeks per fiscal year: Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Benefits: Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business; Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Position Description and Duties: Harper College is seeking applicants for the Nursing Full Time Tenure Track position. The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of experience providing nursing care for patients in an acute care unit/hospital or long-term care facility. You must be prepared to provide instruction in the clinical setting, skills lab, classroom and online.
This Nursing Full Time Tenure Faculty position provides didactic and clinical instruction of nursing to students in both RN and LPN programs. The person hired will also assist with the ACEN accreditation process. Instructional responsibilities include course development, updating and submission of course syllabi in required format, assessment of student outcomes, research and development of resources for instruction, and utilization and development of instructional design methods that use technology (simulation). Timely evaluation of students including reporting of student grades and progress is required.
This candidate will participate in and contribute to program, divisional and institutional committees, and faculty nursing committees. Ten office hours per week for student consultation and advisement and participation in professional development, both internal and external, to remain credentialed in nursing and to advance in the instructional role are required.
Educational Requirements: At least a master's degree with a major in nursing. Candidates must have a current unencumbered Registered Nurse License (Illinois) or eligibility for a Illinois license.
Experience Requirements: At least two years of nursing experience is required. Nursing experience is defined as providing nursing care for patients in an acute care unit/hospital and/or long term care facility. Two years of clinical, skills lab, classroom and/or online teaching experience preferred.
Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled though priority will be given to applications received on or before: January 25,2021
*You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: December 22, 2020 Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates