Research Scientist - Rock Physics Lab - (FAC001648)
The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Science is looking for an experienced experimental rock physicist to join its Rock Physics Lab. The University of Houston, with one of the most diverse student bodies in the nation, seeks to recruit and retain a diverse community of scholars.
A successful candidate will be expected to
- be able to obtain external funding and serve as a Principal Investigator (PI) or CO-PI on research projects;
- be able to mentor graduate students and lead a team to complete research projects
- conduct lab measurement, theory, and interpretation of physical rock properties
- design and build high temperature and high-pressure experimental apparatus
- design and build low-frequency rock physics apparatus to measure low-frequency Q of rock samples
- have a successful track record of peer-reviewed publications.
The University of Houston is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates must have completed their PhD at the time of appointment. Candidates must have a minimum of 5 years experience working in a lab.
Candidates will be selected by their ability to conduct transformative research in rock physics, generate external funding, and contribute to outstanding mentoring to graduate students. Experience in geomechanics, experimental petrophysics, well log analysis, and reservoir evaluation is preferred. Field working experience is also desired.
Notes to Applicant: Official transcripts are required for a faculty appointment and will be requested upon selection of the final candidate. All positions at the University of Houston are security sensitive and will require a criminal history check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Physics & Space Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston