University of Idaho
Division/College: Facilities Management
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $17.45 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Under the direction of the interior Shop Supervisor and Roofer/Masonry Lead, this position will work within a team environment performing specialized duties in support of departmental goals.
These duties generally involve the exterior environments of the buildings on campus. The duties may include the maintenance and/or repair of roofs and masonry. The work requires the operation of a variety of equipment. Duties also involve working with other trade specialties.
This is an essential position that will be called during emergencies and/or University closure.
- Using and maintaining tools, equipment and materials associated with carpentry/roofing; and reading and interpreting blueprints and specifications.
- Combination of education and work experience totaling three (3) years directly related to roofing.
- Experience with roofing technology and materials including: flat seam metal, raised metal, asphalt shingle, single ply membrane, built up roofs, as well as experience in exterior masonry repairs and maintenance.
- Experience with building techniques involved with new and remodel construction as well as technical practices associated with construction.
- Experience following best practices for workplace safety while using power tools, roofing equipment and materials in the field.
- Tile masonry work experience as it applies to roofs and exteriors.
- Must have experience is assessing building codes and standards for roof and masonry construction.
- Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license and be able to meet policy requirements for driving University vehicles.
- Must have experience communicating by email, phone, radio, and in person with customers and teammates.
Computer use: Drafting programs, Word Processor, and Email.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Physical ability to: lift, carry and/or otherwise move items weighing approximately 90 pounds; bend, stoop, climb and work from ladders; move from position to position and between work locations continuously throughout the work shift; and work around dust and fumes and in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and safety gear.
Posting Number: SP002654P
Posting Date: 11/24/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Applications received by February 22, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.