Chair, Department of CAOPP
Rocky Vista University in Parker, CO or Ivins, UT has an opening for a Chair, Department of Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Principals and Practices (CAOPP) - (FT) RVU offers a full benefits package that included 401(k), Health, Dental and Vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and holidays To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
PRIMARY PURPOSE: This department houses the disciplines of Anatomy and Neuromusculoskeletal Medicine/Osteopathic Principles and Practice. The Chair of this department will be responsible for planning, directing, and implementing programs, policies and procedures for the Department of Clinical Anatomy and Osteopathic Principals and Practices (CAOPP) that ensures the integration of scientifically based, outcome evaluated clinical knowledge and skills, biomedical sciences, anatomical sciences, and osteopathic principles and practices for predoctoral and/or postdoctoral students, provide service to the university and professional communities and engage in innovative scholarship and research to advance medical knowledge.Qualifications
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Demonstrate leadership skills, delegation skills, and time management skills
2. Demonstrate knowledge and skill in the delivery of medical education
3. Demonstrate knowledge of varied curriculum templates
4. Demonstrate ability to mentor and motivate faculty, staff, and students
1. Terminal degree (DO, MD, or PhD) with current Board
appropriate area of specialization if applicable.
2. Academic experience as a full time faculty member at a College of Osteopathic
Medicine or experience as a full time faculty member in a Graduate Medical
3. Demonstrated leadership and productivity in the areas of clinical or professional
service, scholarly activity, medical research or education.
4. Good standing with all regulatory and governmental boards and agencies.
5. Eligible for coverage by college's malpractice insurer if applicable.
1. Demonstrated leadership, productivity and administrative
experience in clinical,
professional, research or educational settings.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essentialabilities and physical requirements for all position at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staffs at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged
periods of sitting and/or
standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types
to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards,
electronic educational programs, software programs specific to medical practice and
education, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus
offices, conference rooms, and
on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops,