Research Coordinator III
This is a Research Coordinator III position supporting multiple Investigators in the Baylor College of Medicine Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, including the Chair or the department. This is a senior position on a team studying cutting-edge treatments, like Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) and Low Intensity Focused Ultrasound (LIFUP), for patients experiencing severe, chronic OCD or depression. Additionally, this coordinator would work closely on projects using MRI to study treatment effects on psychiatric illnesses (i.e., schizophrenia, OCD).
The ideal candidate will be expected to take ownership of the role and manage their time and workload efficiently, among multiple projects. Position is responsible for independently managing oversight and coordination for several high-level studies. For new research projects, this coordinator is expected to assist in providing structure to PI's on setting up research activities. This position also offers growth opportunities to learn management and regulatory skills. Applicants must demonstrate aptitude, professionalism, courtesy and respect towards patients and colleagues. This position requires patient interaction and may involve possible visits to the hospital operating room to collect data during patient surgeries.
Duties include managing and overseeing day-to-day activities of multiple clinical research protocols involving neuromodulation and neuroimaging, including an NIH funded investigation device study (i.e., Deep Brain Stimulation). Day to day activities consist of preparing and maintaining regulatory documents and records, as well as overseeing recruiting, screening, and enrollment goals.
- Oversight/Lead Facilitator on Multiple Research Studies 50%.
- Position will be a lead facilitator on multiple research studies.
- Will provide structure and insight to PI’s new research studies.
- Liaisons with multiple departments, and institutions to facilitate research procedures and ensure data is transferred.
- Prepares FDA protocol supplements, IRB amendments, and NIH study reports. Designs and prepares source documents and SOPs, while maintaining records for research studies.
- Oversees and ensures recruitment, screening, and enrollment goals are being met effectively.
- Ensures proper consent procedures are being kept up by other team research coordinators.
- Assists with ensuring proper financial transactions are routed appropriately.
- Monitor and assist in documenting/reporting all adverse events and serious adverse events experienced by participants in clinical trials. Tend to patient needs while prioritizing matters of importance as needed.
- May perform Venipuncture (blood draws), EKGs/ECG’s and obtain vital signs on study participants. May assist in patient preparation and collection of EEG data.
- Collect, process, ship, and maintain paperwork for blood and/or biological specimens according to procedures outlined in study protocols. Submits test results to appropriate parties.
- Prepare and maintain data for pharmaceutical trials in REDCap.
- Schedule research participant for tests and procedures, such as laboratory tests, x-rays, MRIs and other studies specific for the research protocol.
- Collects patient information (i.e., medical history, questionnaires) and administer clinical assessments to process into EPIC database as needed.
- Utilize Baylor’s Clinical Trials Management system to register patients for specific research studies.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Two years of relevant experience.
- Four years of relevant experience, including experience on clinical trials.
- Regulatory and MRI research experience, as well as prior experience interacting with patient populations.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.