Veterinary Technician II
The Center for Comparative Medicine provides for the care, health and well-being of all research animals used in the pursuit of scientific achievement and excellence at Baylor College of Medicine. CCM provides the highest quality veterinary and animal care and acts as a resource for the faculty on veterinary and scientific issues relating to the use of laboratory animals. The Veterinary Technician II position, participates in all aspects of the health and welfare of laboratory animals, including daily monitoring and treatment, maintaining accurate health records, and providing requested technical services which includes inducing and monitoring anesthesia for multiple species.
- Provides veterinary care to all animals at BCM.
- Performs daily observational rounds, health checks, and treatments on animal patients, under the guidance of veterinarians.
- Maintains observations in both written and electronic animal records.
- Maintains daily treatment records as well as: anesthetic records, post-operative records, drug logs, and inventory records.
- May independently perform routine surgical procedures in rodents, with oversight from a veterinarian.
- Provides research support to investigators, which can include injections, blood collections, anesthesia support, post-operative care, and treatment as directed by veterinarian.
- Education Required: Associate's degree in a related field. Two years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience.
- Certification/Licenses/Registration: Certified Laboratory Animal Technician (LAT) by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). Certification must be obtained within six months of hire or promotion.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Veterinary Sciences Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston