Virginia Tech is seeking a Director of Compensation with a strong background in compensation who is passionate about analysis, program design, and teamwork.
This role is highly strategic yet with a hands-on component, a builder attitude, and with a knack for getting things done. The role will partner with key stakeholders to align on University objectives and will be a member of the HR senior leadership team under the VP of Human Resources.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide strategic direction, planning, and requirements to execute the design, implementation, communication, and administration of the university’s global compensation policies and programs which support the university’s strategic goals and are administered in compliance with regulations globally.
- Serve as a consultant and subject matter expert to university leadership.
- Identify innovative solutions to compensation matters on a proactive basis.
- Oversee the University’s participation in salary surveys or special compensation studies for purposes of maintaining the University’s competitive position within the market place.
- Establish and develop a world class global compensation team.
- Oversee the review of jobs and evaluations to create and maintain appropriate job architecture including job families/position levels, benchmarking, FLSA designation, etc.
- Advise and support HR leaders and university managers on compensation processes (merit reviews, in-band process, salary adjustments, etc.).
- Conduct benchmarking, market, and internal equity analysis.
- Identify and lead projects across compensation to improve efficiency, simplify processes, and support ongoing initiatives.
- Contribute to decisions and projects that have a moderate to high impact to the organization.
- Create and implement manager and employee compensation communication materials and conduct HR training and briefing sessions.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Finance, Management, or a related field; Or, a Bachelor’s degree in one of the aforementioned disciplines with significant related experience which may equate to an advanced degree
- Significant program management experience in compensation or related role
- Experience in developing job architecture matrices/structures including job families, career streams, position levels, and salary ranges
- Experience in developing and implementing broad-based compensation programs including base and pay for performance, benchmarking/market data, and job evaluation
- Experience in data analysis, reporting, and presentation of compensation data
- Strong collaboration, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Progressive management experience
- Excellent organizational and consultative skills
- Experience engaging outside consultants on a significant project
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and exceptional attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Ability to handle confidential and proprietary information and sensitive situations with discretion
- Experience in HR policy and program development preferably in an academic environment
- CCP, PHR, SPHR, CBP or SHRM certification a plus
- Demonstrated skill in use of Microsoft Excel; HR systems, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and statistical analysis software tools
- Understand change management and be able to identify implications of compensation projects and plan for implementation
- Complex problem resolution skills
- Experience using compensation management software such as Payfactors or PayScale
January 25, 2021
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Julie Weaver at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: December 21, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Business & Management Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg