Assistant Professor of Nursing
The Nursing Department, within the College of Health Sciences at Dixie State University, is seeking applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Nursing. The department, located in the state-of-the-art Taylor Health Sciences building (adjacent to Dixie Regional Medical Center), offers both associate and baccalaureate degrees in Nursing. Information about the department and its associated programs and faculty can be found online at https://health.dixie.edu/nursing/ .
- Teach upper and/or lower division courses of lecture, laboratory, and/or clinical nursing courses as assigned.
- Work with the department chair, dean, and other faculty to
advance the University’s mission, including:
- Conducting student assessment,
- Mentoring part-time instructors, and
- Performing service for the College of Health Sciences and the University.
- Develop nursing curriculum / courses, with measurable learning outcomes.
- Assist in the development and continued assessment of the nursing program.
- Assist in ongoing efforts of all aspects of accreditation, including self-report, on-site visits, follow-up, and ongoing evaluation.
- Assist with student recruitment, advisement, placement, and follow-up efforts.
- Improve professionally and maintain currency in the field.
- Develop and maintain supportive relationships with community and state organizations.
- Fulfill faculty responsibilities, including participating in department events and committee meetings, holding regular office hours, and advising students. May have direct assignments in the AASN, P-BSN and/or RN-BSN programs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DNP, DNSc, or EdD) in Nursing or Education required; other research-focused nursing doctorates will also be accepted, as well as applicants currently enrolled in a doctoral program that will have graduation pending by August 2021.
- Must hold current Registered Nurse license for the state of Utah or eligibility to gain Utah licensure or by Interstate Compact.
- A minimum of three (3) years recent work experience in an acute care setting required.
- Ability to develop and evaluate innovative curricula.
- Knowledge of subject matter, appropriate course content, and current trends and methodologies in education and nursing; evidence of effective teaching in an institution of higher education (finalists will be required to demonstrated competency via a virtual or in-person teaching demonstration).
- Knowledge of computer-based technology as used in clinical and educational environments, including online teaching, mobile devices, and high-fidelity simulation.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to represent the Nursing Programs and Dixie State University well to community partners, students, faculty, staff, and the general public.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time (9-month) tenure-track faculty position. Faculty service begins August 2021, with pay & benefits starting July 1, 2021. Annual salary of $60,000+, depending on qualifications & experience, with additional compensation available for summer/overload teaching. Excellent benefits package included –see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details.
ELECTRONIC APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins January 25, 2021 ;position open until filled. Candidates must submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, contact information for three professional references (including email addresses), transcripts, and a Student Success Statement (approximately one page, single-spaced, about their teaching or other experience, successes, and challenges in working with a diverse student population). Please upload all of the requested documents when you submit your application. Employment is contingent upon successful completion and certification of required degrees and upon successfully passing a background check. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - email@example.com , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - firstname.lastname@example.org , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, email@example.com , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, firstname.lastname@example.org , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.