PROGRAM DIRECTOR (PEDIATRICS RESIDENCY)
This is currently a unique opportunity to join and contribute to the growing research and educational programs in Vinmec Healthcare System as well as the upcoming VinUniversity College of Health Sciences (VU-HS). Vinmec desires a collegial, collaborative, outstanding medical educator with a significant higher medical education career (particularly in residency program leadership).
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of leadership in higher education curriculum design, development, and implementation in the University sector specifically in graduate medical programs, broad collaborative networks.
This position is a full-time faculty appointment with a competitive start-up package. Vinmec and Vingroup offer an excellent remuneration package with various benefits of a leading private business corporation in Vietnam. More importantly, this is a great career opportunity for those academic leaders who want to pursue a meaningful journey to improve the quality of health care service and education reform with a great impact on one of the largest populations in Asia.
Faculty rank and salary package will be commensurate with qualifications, regardless of gender, ethnicity, countries of origin, or religious background.REPORT LINE
Reports to: Dean of Health SciencesPOSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
Medical education program development and leadership
- The successful candidate is expected to work closely with the Penn and Vinmec educational leaders, other Program Directors of Internal Medicine and Surgery residency, Directors of MD Program as well as the Vinmec Hospital Clinical leaderboard on all aspects of the development and implementation of the Pediatrics Residency Program.
- Take lead and responsibility for the development and implementation of the curriculum for the Pediatrics Residency program at VU-HS/Vinmec hospital.
- Provide leadership on course development, curriculum development and implementation, course quality assurance and improvement, and professional accreditation for Residency education programs at VU-HS.
- Provide leadership at course levels for the implementation of teaching and learning priorities such as competency-based education, student-centered learning, clinical teacher appraisal, and articulation to post graduate’s program.
- Promote the development of active teaching and learning practices in the delivery of the course ensuring integration of graduate attributes and competency standards across the course.
- Manage and oversee budgets for strategic funds allocated to course development.
Human Resource developing, mentoring, and clinical teaching
- The candidate is also expected to maintain leadership and mentorship capability in advising Vinmec and other partnering hospital team members within his/her area of expertise to build up the clinical faculty team for the Pediatrics Residency Program
- The candidate is expected to teach in his/her area of expertise to Vinmec junior team members, VU-HS students in professional (health sciences discipline), and graduate programs.
- Work with the VU-HS leaderboard to develop a profile of suitable candidates to teach in the course and participate in selection committees for position appointments.
- Provide coaching and mentoring for the professional development of faculty members of the graduate medical program at VU-HS to prepare for the future generation of clinical educators.
- Prepare a program for performance appraisal of staff and department chairs as assigned by the leaderboard of VU-HS/Vinmec.
Networking, international partnership, and other services
- The program director is expected to take the lead in building up international partnerships for Vinmec in Pediatrics Residency education. This includes cooperation and advocacy work with local stakeholders and partners to satisfy all the requirements to implement graduate medical programs in Vietnam context.
- He/she will also serve on different sciences/educational and professional committees of VinUniversity/ Vinmec as assigned.
- During the clinical teaching, he/she will also perform clinical practices at VinUniversity affiliated teaching hospitals following the best practice of the university teaching hospital model.
- MD degree with Board certification in the US. Current certification in the specialty of Pediatrics, or specialty qualifications that are acceptable to the ACGME-I Review Committee.
- Requisite specialty expertise and documented educational and administrative experience acceptable to the ACGME-I Review Committee: (1) at least five years of participation as an active faculty member in a pediatrics residency program (2) at least three years of graduate medical education administrative experience prior to appointment.
- Current medical licensure and appropriate medical staff appointment.
- Strong track record in graduate medical education program development and implementation with international standards and accreditation, especially the US standards (i.e. USMLE qualification, ACGME/ ACGME-I accreditation).
- Experience in health care education pedagogy as well as clinical teaching.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in an academic setting.
- Verbal communication skill in Vietnamese is a plus.
- Experience in coaching/mentoring medical educators.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary and collaborative educational team.
English is the language of teaching and communication at VinUniversity. For this role, the minimum requirement is IELTS (Academic) with a score of at least 7.0.
For Higher Education roles, English Language Proficiency may also be proven by having completed PhD studies while being instructed through the medium of English.WORK PERMIT
All foreign employees must adhere to the requirements for obtaining a valid visa and work permit in Vietnam. These requirements are mandated by the Government and maybe over and above the mandatory requirements and key selection criteria. Work permit requirements are subject to change.
VinUniversity accepts zero tolerance to non-adherence to the immigration laws of Vietnam.COMPENSATIONS
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Working permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, working permit, insurance, etc.).
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
To apply, please send (1) a resume, (2) a cover letter and other relevant qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consideration of candidates will occur on a rolling basis beginning March 2021 and will continue until the position are filled. Individuals who wish to nominate a candidate should submit to the Search Committee at the email address above a letter of nomination that includes the candidate’s contact information (email addresses and phone numbers). The desired start date is as early as August 2021 up until September 2021, subject to negotiation.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.PRESS
VNExpress >> VinUniversity’s Convocation Day
Vietnamnews >> VinUniversity Inaugurates Its First Academic Year
Vietnamnet >> VinUniversity achieves QS 5-star rating standards
Cornell Chronicle >> VinUnversity’s Provost – Rohit Verma
Cornell Daily Sun >> Cornell-Vingroup’s collaboration
Vietnam Economic Times >> Cornell-UPenn-Vingroup’s collaboration
Vietnam News >> VinUniversity Creates Breakthrough in Higher Education Quality
Philadelphia Business Journal >> Penn Medicine extends global reach to Vietnam
Apply for PROGRAM DIRECTOR (PEDIATRICS RESIDENCY)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam
- Pediatrics Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Vietnam