Assistant or Associate Professor of Rehabilitation Counseling
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research seeks a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track faculty member for the Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling/Rehabilitation Counseling program within its Counseling Division, beginning August 16, 2021. The Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program is CACREP-accredited and emphasizes evidenced-based practice and the preparation of practitioners for a wide variety of clinical settings. The position will also serve as Co-coordinator of the Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling/Rehabilitation Counseling Program. The position requires teaching of graduate courses, a significant program of scholarly research, research publications, the pursuit of external funding for research, mentoring of students, supervising research of graduate students, chairing and serving on doctoral committees, and participating in national professional organizations and university and college committees. The employed candidate will primarily teach courses within the Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling program but may also teach courses in the department’s other accredited programs. The program at the University of Memphis is the only Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling/Rehabilitation Counseling program in Tennessee (Position #002986).
- Doctoral degree in Counselor Education and Supervision from a CACREP-accredited program or related degree if employed as a full-time faculty member in a counselor education program for a minimum of one full academic year prior to July 1, 2013
- Evidence of an established research agenda and publication record
- Certification as a Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) in good standing
- Research/teaching/clinical experience in the area of Clinical Rehabilitation Counseling/Rehabilitation Counseling
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience teaching graduate classes either in-person, online, and/or hybridized environments in a CACREP accredited program
- Evidence of funded grant awards or participation in funded projects
- Evidence of teaching excellence
- Evidence of publications in top and key professional journals in the field
- Experience providing clinical supervision
- Experience with and working knowledge of CACREP standards
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Research is a multidisciplinary unit with programs in three divisions: Counseling, Counseling Psychology, and Educational Psychology and Research. We offer 1 undergraduate minor, 7 graduate certificates, 6 master's, and 3 doctoral degrees. The department’s sponsored program budget currently exceeds $10million. The department’s programs are accredited by the American Psychological Association, the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs, and the Council for Rehabilitation Counselor Education (see www.memphis.edu/cepr). The College of Education, with a faculty of 85 tenure-track positions, is accredited by NCATE/CAEP and is a leader in the enhancement of teacher and principal preparation (see www.memphis.edu/coe). The College is dedicated to diversity, inclusion, and equity and seeks to prepare students for careers as administrators, counselors, educators, leaders, practitioners, researchers, scholars, and teachers. The University of Memphis is recognized by the Carnegie Foundation as one of two public research universities and the only community engaged public university in Tennessee. It has seven colleges and six professional schools serving a diverse population of over 20,000 students, including 4,300 graduate students. The University is strongly committed to its urban mission and outreach programs and recognizes the diverse and integrated role played by faculty and administration in fulfilling a comprehensive mission of research, education, and community outreach.
SALARY & BEGINNING DATE
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications. The position (#002986) is a nine-month tenure track appointment with the possibility of summer teaching. The anticipated date of appointment is August 16, 2021. The University offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare and retirement. The state of TN has no state income tax, and the Memphis area has a very reasonable cost of living.
Review of applications will begin February 3, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled. The department welcomes a diverse set of applicants. Applications are to be submitted electronically at https://workforum.memphis.edu.
Applicants are required to upload (1) a letter of application, (2) a statement of teaching and research interests, (3) a curriculum vitae, and (4) names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references. Applicants will receive a confirmation number when all application materials are submitted. Letters of reference and official transcripts will be requested upon interview. Address inquiries and nominations to Dr. Chi Li at (email@example.com) or (901)-678-3424.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Counsellor Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis
- Other Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Memphis