Assistant Director of the Multicultural Center
SUNY Delhi seeks a dynamic, forward thinking, and engaging Assistant Director of the Multicultural Center to the join the Center for Student Leadership & Engagement. SUNY Delhi prides itself on being a welcoming college community for all. Diversity, equity and inclusiveness are integral components of the highest quality academic programs and the strongest campus climate. The college seeks a wide range of applicants for its positions so that inclusive excellence will be affirmed.
The Assistant Director of the Multicultural Center is a 12-month position within the Center for Student Leadership & Engagement (CSLE). This position supports retention for, and provides support to, students from diverse backgrounds, with special emphasis on enriching the experiences of Black and Hispanic men. This position also works with and supports existing faculty/staff in providing diversity, equity and inclusion educational opportunities for the SUNY Delhi campus community, working with various multicultural-based student organizations, and also works collaboratively with campus departments. Occasional nights and weekends are required and if needed, the employees schedule may be "flexed" contingent upon Director's approval.
- Encourage and provide outreach to students of underrepresented populations with special emphasis on men of color.
- Initiate, develop, and implement creative, positive educational, social, and developmental multicultural activities and programs for the student body.
- Supervise and provide professional support/development for the Coordinator of International Student Services and Diversity Outreach.
- Support the Vice President of Student Life/Chief Diversity Officer by serving as point person for multicultural efforts within the Division of Student Life and serves as co-chair for the Equity & Inclusion Advisory Board.
- Provide additional support and guidance to student organizations and advisors of a diverse nature/background, including but not limited to BSU, CSU, LASO, SVA, and others of a similar nature not yet formed. Such support should include training, leadership development and retreats as deemed necessary.
- Advise additional student organizations as needed/determined with special emphasis on support of multicultural student organizations and supporting and leading student groups connected to MOSAIC, such as the women's empowerment group formally known as W.o.K.E.
- Assists the department with the planning and implementation of student leadership development and training programs for all student leaders and workshops and support for student organization advisors.
- Enhance, implement, oversee and evaluate, a Men of Distinction Academy, a robust adult and peer mentorship program for men of color.
- Oversee and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Multicultural Center (MOSAIC), located in the Farrell Student & Community Center, with special emphasis on maintaining a welcoming, active, and inclusive atmosphere for all students. This includes providing outreach and developing marketing to advance the Center's Mission, and supervising student staff.
- Take the lead role in assessment of all programs and services under MOSAIC.
- Coordinate the development of skill building and strength-based strategies to support student success and persistence among men of color.
- Develop and implement an annual Upstate New York Men of Color Summit.
- Support and provide resources for LGBTQ+ students and other underrepresented student populations.
- Collaborate with the Department of Residence Life in the continued development and implementation of a Living Learning Community (LLC) for the SUNY Delhi's Men of Color Leadership & Academic Excellence Initiative.
- Assist the Department of Residence life with selection and training of the Student Coordinator for Diversity and Inclusion and Resident Assistants that are designated in the initiatives Living Learning Community.
- Coordinate an annual banquet that celebrates diversity and inclusion within SUNY Delhi.
- Serve on departmental and College Committees as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 2 years of experience in either multicultural affairs, and/or student activities or related programs
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to be self-motivated, and proficient at handling multiple priorities
- Valid drivers license, with an acceptable driving record at the time of appointment
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Delhi
- Student Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Delhi
- Minority & Multicultural Affairs Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Delhi
- Student Activities & Services Administrative $30,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Delhi