Director, Community Applications
Yale University offers exciting opportunities for achievement and growth in New Haven, Connecticut. Conveniently located between Boston and New York, New Haven is the creative capital of Connecticut with cultural resources that include three major museums, a critically-acclaimed repertory theater, state-of-the-art concert hall, and world-renowned schools of Architecture, Art, Drama, and Music.
Reporting to the Associate CIO for Enterprise Applications, the Community Applications Director is a senior level position responsible for leading and building a strong team of professionals and cultivating a team culture of community. Provides technical stewardship and strategic leadership for teams that are actively engaged in enabling a variety of services and processes across a wide variety of constituents at the University.
The Community Applications unit of Enterprise Applications includes: the Custom Application Development team which is a consultative software development group that builds small to medium sized applications that support the research and academic mission of the University, the Salesforce Platform team that is tasked with maturing the University wide salesforce strategy and delivering robust applications on the salesforce platform & supporting the Yale Message service built on the salesforce marketing cloud platform and the Digital Asset Technologies team that is focused on developing applications for the galleries, museums and libraries at Yale.
This role needs to be a visionary: partnering with the colleagues we serve and the team to develop a vision and overarching strategies for realizing it, someone who can lead and inspire the team to effect change, Actively promotes integrated set of technology solutions, that simplifies both the user experience and the technology footprint.
Orchestrate operational application support and maintenance with a service-oriented focus and function as the focal point for problem escalation.
Act as a consultative technical leader to the diverse set of clients to build an understanding of common and unique needs, and provide technical leadership to promote strategic technologies that serve the broad community.
With Yale's libraries and Museums communities, this role will need to engage with our diverse community from curators, metadata specialists and partner IT staff up to the Vice Provost for Collections and Scholarly Communications. They will need to engage with the global community to understand trends and efforts by peer institutions.
Identify and propose solutions to meet the organization's needs, supporting community objectives with appropriate technologies aligned with Yale's architectural direction.
Coach and mentor staff and build a strong, service-oriented team focused on improving and streamlining Yale's technology environments.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in a related field and ten years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven experience managing, leading and mentoring software development teams including influencing, consensus-building, negotiating, mediation and leadership skills. Proven ability to build and maintain influence as well as trust. Ability to quickly establish rapport and communicate value while also maintaining flexibility.
- Proven experience with application life cycle management and software development life cycle with open source software development. Knowledge of service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, data, architecture and web technologies.
- Proven ability to prioritize and meet multiple, competing responsibilities. Ability to see the big picture and translate to workable tasks. Experience creating alignment between technical and functional partners.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
- Preferred Education and Experience: Advanced degree in technology. Ten years experience leading a technical team that has been actively developing and maintaining applications. Salesforce/CRM program management experience. Ability to influence stakeholders and in supporting a gallery, library, archive, or museums, open source technologies and the communities that are leveraged to support these platforms.
Application: For more information and immediate consideration, please apply online at https://bit.ly/YaleCareers-63554BR. Please be sure to reference this website when applying for this position.
We invite you to discover the excitement, diversity,
rewards and excellence of a career at Yale University. One of the
country's great workplaces, Yale University offers exciting
opportunities for meaningful accomplishment and true growth. Our
benefits package is among the best anywhere, with a wide variety of
insurance choices, liberal paid time off, fantastic family and
educational benefits, a variety of retirement benefits, extensive
recreational facilities, and much more.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to and does not discriminate on the basis of an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.