Dean of the CESTA/Director of 1890 Land Grant Program
Central State University (CSU), a public land-grant institution located in Wilberforce, Ohio, seeks a dynamic, innovative and transformative leader to serve as Dean of the College of Engineering, Science, Technology and Agriculture (CESTA) and Director of 1890 Land Grant Programs. The Dean/Director is the chief academic and administrative officer of CESTA. The Dean/Director reports to the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and will work closely with the Deans’ Council and administrative and fiscal units of CSU.
CESTA offers degree programs in 10 critical areas of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). CESTA offers minors in many of these same programs, as well as, interdisciplinary fields such as Environmental Science, Forensic Science, Computational Science and Nuclear Engineering. CESTA is the critical hub for computer literacy, mathematics, and science requirements in the General Education component of all CSU programs. Unique to Ohio, and the Nation, CESTA offers an interdisciplinary degree program in Water Resources Management.
CESTA comprises four departments: the Department of Agricultural and Life Sciences, the Department of Manufacturing Engineering, the Department of Mathematics and Computer Science and the Department of Water Resources Management. The College also contains the International Center for Water Resources Management (ICWRM), the Center of Excellence of STEM Education (STEM-X-ED) and the Center of Excellence in Emerging Technologies (CEET) – a Center designated by the State of Ohio.
Central State University students engage in research at major universities, federal laboratories and on-campus CSU laboratories throughout the academic year and summer months. Student industrial internships are also available. CESTA works closely with the Center for Student Opportunities (CSO) in identifying scholarships, internships, and graduate school preparation courses as well as offering assistance with graduate school visits and placement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides visionary leadership to the College, including the
academic departments and land grant programs
• Serves as a liaison between CESTA and the Office of Academic Affairs
• Leads CESTA in its mission to support the STEAM fields, the food and agricultural sciences, natural resource sustainability, economic development and community health and wellness
• Institutes a culture of excellence in teaching, research and Extension in fulfilling the tripartite mission of a land grant university
• Leads CESTA in academic planning and evaluation, accreditation, strategic planning and implementation, online programs, fundraising, facility development as well as the land grant budget inclusive of the Agricultural Research Program and the Cooperative Extension Program
• Advises university administrators, faculty and staff on the trends and factors affecting faculty competiveness for Evans-Allen, McIntire Stennis, and 1890 Cooperative Extension funding
• Ensures that the Land Grant Programs are administered in accordance with relevant State and Federal policies, rules, and regulations with a view toward maximizing all available state and federal resources to support the University’s mission
• Evaluates the work of teaching and research faculty members in CESTA
• Provides written recommendations concerning the retention, promotion and tenure of faculty members to the Provost
• Prepares an annual report on the progress toward the goals and objectives of CESTA and the University, including recommendations related to funding and future needs
• Serves as a local and state leader in public policy issues related to the food, agricultural sciences and natural resources
Candidates for the position of Dean/Director must hold an earned
doctorate or terminal degree from an accredited institution and be
eligible for tenure as a full professor in one the disciplines
within CESTA. The successful candidate must have a strong
record of academic experiences and have served in administrative
leadership at or above the level of chair or director.
The Dean/Director must be a collaborative, inspiring administrator and a demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion, as well a commitment to student success, faculty development and program innovation.
Other requirements include:
• Knowledge and experience of the roles and responsibilities of
a dean at a land-grant institution
• Participatory management and leadership style that encourages and values input from others
• Proven academic leadership, administrative ability, and experience
• Experience in budget, planning, personnel and student matters
• Ability to lead teams and achieved established goals
• Commitment to high standards in education, research and Extension
• Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships and partnerships with on- and off-campus constituencies
• Experience in program reviews, assessment and specialized accreditation
• An established record of demonstrating the recruitment and retention of high-quality faculty and staff
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Special Instructions for Applicants:
Application and Nomination Process: Confidential inquiries are welcomed and nominations are invited.
To Apply: Applications must include: (1) a letter of interest; (2) a current curriculum vitae; and (3) at least three references with full contact and email information. (References will not be contacted without the applicant’s consent)
Submission Date: February 1, 2021, for best consideration. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Special Instructions to Applicant: Final candidates are subject to criminal and sex offender background checks. Central State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilberforce
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilberforce
- Other Science & Technology Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilberforce
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilberforce
- Deans Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Wilberforce