Lead Database Administrator
The Lead Database Administrator with direct experience with Oracle, is responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, performance tuning, and backups/recovery of databases in an Enterprise-wide Linux environment. In addition, this position is responsible for auditing of the database systems and ensuring software is patched and up to date. The systematic planning for capacity and system growth as well as updates and migrations is required. Duties will include engineering, planning, software installation and customer communication. Individual must be a team player, able to work with minimum supervision and be willing to work outside regular business hours as needed. This position will be required to be on-call on a rotating schedule.
Candidate must have direct experience with Oracle database management and operations as well as upgrades and migrations in an enterprise environment. Duties will include engineering, planning, software installation and customer communication. Strong interpersonal skills required along with legacy as well as current Oracle supportable environments. Experience in Cloud technologies as well as automation preferred.
- Administers and maintains Oracle and/or MySQL databases.
- Migrates data from other sources to Oracle databases.
- Performs database refreshes and execution of PL/SQL scripts as needed.
- Upgrades database environments as required.
- Plans, designs and creates automation methodologies for Oracle environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves performance issues.
- Responsible for regularly scheduled security patching.
- Responds to action requests and system emails.
- Consults with and advises users of database and works with them to resolve data conflicts and inappropriate data usage.
- Works with management personnel to develop database strategies to support the organization's needs.
- May lead the work of lower-level database administrators.
- Will lead database related projects as they are carried out by team DBA's.
- Technical Lead duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- Direct MySQL database support experience.
- Oracle 19c experience.
- Direct experience with database management and operations as well as upgrades and migrations in an enterprise environment.
- Backup/recovery experience using NetBackup for Oracle.
- Oracle Performance Tuning.
- DB redundancy design and implementation experience.
- Virtualization experience in support of RDBMS systems.
- Cloud experience with database environments.
- 8 – 10 years of relevant Oracle DBA experience.
- Experienced with Oracle 11g migration to 12c and 18c.
- DB Artisan experience.
- Oracle backup strategies including RMAN, dumps, Flash Recovery Areas and Redo logs.
- Strong Oracle Enterprise Manager skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with DR strategies for database environments.
- RHEL 6.5 and 7.x in direct support of Oracle.
We invite you to learn more about our benefits (bcm.edu/careers/benefits) including medical, dental, and vision insurance, tuition reimbursement, incentive-based wellness program, and more.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston