Junior Architect & Project Research Associate
The Global Forum on Urban and Regional Resilience seeks to fill a Junior Architect & Project Research Associate position to support the Global Forum team and the Big Sticky Projects initiative.
Responsibilities to include management of architectural construction sites & buildings, as well as co-leading the supervision and execution of such projects altogether with the Senior Architect, from conception through completion using the most advance technologies and methods.
In addition, to provide support in achieving successful project outcomes, ensuring design and construction optimizing university program goals, conforming to the project established criteria for scope, cost, schedule and quality. To assist managing assigned projects and coordinating with all participants in the design, value engineering, document review, construction, occupancy, close out, warranty, and financial management processes.
• B.S degree in Architecture or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
• Demonstrated Management experience with Architectural construction documents.
• Working knowledge of site/building design and construction processes.
• Experience with project management software including Autodesk products, SharePoint, Rhino, Adobe, MS Office, etc.
• Team building and organizational negotiation experience.
• Project management and records management skills as well as proven customer service skills.
• Ability to interpret design/construction documents.
• Ability to read/interpret construction schedules and working knowledge of building codes and construction means and methods.
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Working knowledge of smart construction.
• Exposure to cost control of the project.
• Schedule implementation skills.
• M.S. in Architecture or in a relevant field of study.
• Experience in Design/Build, and Construction Managerial Risk construction.
• Demonstrated ability and experience in managing new construction and major renovation projects of high complexity from concept through completion.
• Excellent communication skills including academic writing and editing skills.
• Strong research skills with research interest in the area of Architecture and Design.
January 15, 2020
Interested applicants are asked to submit a complete application, cover letter, resume and three professional references.
The successful Candidate will be required to have a criminal conviction check
About Virginia Tech
Dedicated to its motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), Virginia Tech pushes the boundaries of knowledge by taking a hands-on, transdisciplinary approach to preparing scholars to be leaders and problem-solvers. A comprehensive land-grant institution that enhances the quality of life in Virginia and throughout the world, Virginia Tech is an inclusive community dedicated to knowledge, discovery, and creativity. The university offers more than 280 majors to a diverse enrollment of more than 36,000 undergraduate, graduate, and professional students in eight undergraduate colleges , a school of medicine , a veterinary medicine college, Graduate School , and Honors College . The university has a significant presence across Virginia, including the Innovation Campus in Northern Virginia; the Health Sciences and Technology Campus in Roanoke; sites in Newport News and Richmond; and numerous Extension offices and research centers . A leading global research institution, Virginia Tech conducts more than $500 million in research annually.
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, sex (including pregnancy), gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants, or on any other basis protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and desire an accommodation, please contact Roslyn Garrison at email@example.com during regular business hours at least 10 business days prior to the event.
Advertised: December 18, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Architecture Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Blacksburg