ERP Application Administrator III
College / Department Overview:
Under the direction of the Manager of Enterprise Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Application Administrator III supports enterprise resource planning (ERP) and other applications for centralized, enterprise-level technology service delivery. Helps to ensure the areas technological level remains up to date and provides 24x7 availability support for assigned applications. Helps with solutions to problems that may arise in an expeditious, efficient, and timely manner. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma.
Perform configuration, administration, and technical support of software application products. Run necessary system backups. Provide troubleshooting assistance on software application related issues. Requires a strong functional understanding of software architecture.
Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Performs all aspects of functional system administration and technical application management for assigned applications including enterprise resource planning (ERP). Communicates and fosters professional relationships with clients (faculty, staff, students, external), committees and departments. Coordinates with other OIT departments for integration and connectivity. Works with system administrators, database administrators, application administrators, software developers, and web administrators in installation/upgrades and maintaining services, as appropriate. Participates in IT project committees and appropriate application user groups.
- Responsible for maintaining and managing the university’s ERP system and integrated components such as: Banner 9, ESM, DegreeWorks, ODS/ODI, Evisions, Banner Portals, BEP and BRIM.
- Researches, plans, and performs upgrades, bug fixes and security policies. Assist in developing and testing plans for Banner upgrades and coordinate testing schedule with end-user departments.
- Install, configure and maintain Oracle based technologies and any required technologies in support of Banner and its components. Maintains and synchronizes multiple Oracle/Banner instances including production, test/development, training, audit and backup/recovery.
- Assist programmers and functional analysts to coordinate Banner and databases efforts for efficient service operation. Analyzes and debugs database code that is broken or not following business rules. Troubleshoots errors generated by in-house or vendor-provided software.
- Proactive approach to monitoring performance and capacity to ensure access, availability and usability of supported systems.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures. Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of assigned application(s).
- Researches and communicates new features of assigned application(s) and unused tool functionality to drive the platform expansion and adoption, which includes developing road maps, guides, standards and procedures.
- Interacts with end users, service desk, team members and stakeholders in gathering information to define and document required changes to the environment. Assists IT management in preparing business and use cases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, plus 6 years application experience or 10+ years of comparable work experience. Experience in technical and application support. Strong Linux RedHat server, Oracle database, Microsoft Windows Server, and Microsoft SQL skills. Client satisfaction focused. Ability to train users on systems and applications. Strong communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
- Expert-level experience supporting ERP systems. Experience in a large Higher Education environment specifically using Ellucian Banner preferred.
- Minimum three years Oracle database experience.
- Professional certifications such as ITIL v3 Foundations or Oracle.
- A Bachelor or Masters of Science degree in a technical field, such as Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology.
- Experience working with Apex and other automation tools.
Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring the timely completion of priority objectives. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author procedures, knowledgebase articles and proposals. An advanced working knowledge of and experience with the design, installation and technical support of ERP systems such as Banner in a large environment. Ability to monitor database performance metrics such as table space usage, query performance, locking contention and other performance indicators. Capable to re-organize and tunes database as situations warrant. Knowledge and skill in Red Hat Linux, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, and Oracle database architecture, SQL and Oracle application development tools. Adheres to and complies with UCOs shared values and the Office of Information Technologys Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email and SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel.
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Edmond