Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work
Position Type Faculty, Tenure Track Classification Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work Position's Functional Title Assistant/Associate Professor of Social Work Position Start Date 08/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University ( GSU ) invites applicants for a tenure-track faculty position in the Department of Social Work, College of Health and Human Services. Rank is open. We seek candidates with a minimum of five years of post MSW practice experience, and two years teaching experience. The successful candidate will teach in the MSW and BSW Program and demonstrate commitment to excellence in teaching social work practice grounded in a social justice ethic.
•MSW from a CSWE -accredited institution;
•Doctorate in Social Work or a related field, ABD’s will be considered, but must complete all degree requirements by June 30, 2022;
•Two years of post- MSW teaching experience; and
•Minimum of five years post- MSW practice experience.
Preference will be given to applicants holding a license in Clinical Social Work Practice, those with five years of post- MSW teaching experience, and those with experience teaching advanced social work practice in Child & Family Practice and/or Mental Health.
For consideration at the rank of assistant professor, the applicant must have
a beginning publication record and demonstrate the potential to secure
external funding to support their research agenda. For consideration for a
higher rank, the applicant must have a well-established record of
publications and scholarship and a demonstrated ability to secure external
research funding. Additionally, if an applicant is invited to an on
campus/virtual interview, you may be asked to provide evaluative materials
that will assist us in assessing your teaching experiences and a description of
your teaching philosophy.
Posting Date 02/19/2021 Closing Date Open Until Filled Yes Posting Number FA0386P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/5714 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a MSW from a CSWE-accredited institution?
- * Do you have a Doctorate in Social Work or a related field?
ABD's will be considered, but must complete all degree requirements
by June 30, 2022.
- • Yes, I have a Doctorate in Social Work or a related field.
- • I am ABD and can complete all degree requirements by 6/30/22
- • Neither scenario fits
- * How many years of post-MSW teaching experience do you have?
- 1-3 years
- 3-6 years
- 6-8 years
- 8+ years
- * How many years post-MSW practice experience do you have?
- 1 year
- 2 years
- 3-5 years
- 5-7 years
- 7+ years
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certification/Professional License
- Teaching Philosophy
- Research Documents
- List of References
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Humanities Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Classics Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest