STUDENT - Office Operations Assistant - Residential Life
Office Assistant Roles/Tasks :
Front desk assistance
- Answer phones
- Perform lockouts during business hours (East Tower/Central: Mon-Fri 9am -9pm, Circles: Mon-Sun 12pm -9pm)
- Assist with move -around paperwork and key management
- Answer Res Life emails (Central only)
Marketing and communications content creator
- This student will create posters, Instagram/social media images for all departmental processes that we will need to market and promote to students
Housing support (East Tower only)
- Onc e a housing process is launched, we will have an influx of calls and emails and we need to be able to provide back up support to answer these questions
Residence/Community Director s upport
- Each student w ill be expected to support the RD/CD staff with their projects .
Project work f or the department
- Inevitably, we have times in the year where various tasks need to be performed without advanced notice and have a fast turnaround. Projects will always be listed in Teams under the ResLife OA Group with certain OAs assigned to them, due dates, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the day -to-day activities of the Office s of Residential Life, including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, responding to emails, opening and closing the offices, copying, collating, data entry, making deliveries to and from various campus offices, providing lock -out coverage, appointment scheduling, and greeting visitors.
- Serve as a resource to individuals and connect them with campus and community resources. This requires responding to requests and seeking information to answer questions appropriately including questions regar ding housing policies (East Tower office), procedures and associated concerns.
- Be able to assist with members of the department on specific project work. This includes the various functional areas such as Operations, Housing, Staff and Programs, and supporting Residence Directors. This may require certain skills such as using Residential Life specific software and creating marketing content, amongst other things.
- Be familiar with the services, structures, and systems of Ithaca College, especially those related to Residential Life.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Be professional, reliable, confident, and flexible.
- Adhere to project timelines and work shifts.
- Stay busy – you will not be permitted to work on homework during y our shift.
- Always provide the best customer service. Go above and beyond.
- Be available on a bi- weekly basis for an OA Team Supervisory meeting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment and to follow through with ideas from conception to comple tion.
- Set a positive tone for interaction and demonstrate responsibility and respect for others’ rights, feelings, lifestyles, diverse backgrounds, and for personal and College property.
- Communicate in a clear and friendly manner.
- Express enthusiasm and po sitive energy in a dynamic work environment.
- Take initiative and work independently
- Applicant must maintain good judicial and academic standing
- Customer service orientation
- Willingness to commit for entirety of the year
- Return to campus prior to fall and s pring openings for training purposes
- Ability to work during breaks
- Prior experience working in an office setting
Interested applicants must apply online at ithaca.edu/jobs and attach a resume and cover letter. Hiring in Circles and East Tower offices. Please complete this form: https://ithaca.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9LBEISpTU7juw2p to indicate preference, availability, and addtional experience. Questions about online applications should be directed to Student Employment at email@example.com .
First consideration will be given to students who have been awarded Federal Work Study.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Ithaca