Assistant Coach, Tennis
Assistant Coach, Tennis
2800 E Spring Creek Pkwy,, Plano Campus
Plano, Texas, 75074
We are searching for an experienced Assistant Coach, Tennis
Support and assist all aspects of Collin College's athletics programs including men's and women's basketball and tennis. Provide information and evaluations regarding recruits, roster development, and game personnel to ensure optimal playing conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as instructor of the primary conditioning coach for student athletes. Develop and maintain an effective program of physical conditioning designed to develop strength and endurance.
- Encourage the development of psychological, social, and mental skills necessary for the student athletes to be successful in the classroom, on the field, and in future endeavors.
- Provide guidance, monitor class attendance, and oversee the academic success of student athletes. Notify the associate dean and athletic director of any student athlete issues.
- Work with Admissions and Financial Aid to expedite the registration, admission, and other administrative processing of all student athletes.
- Secure support staff including security, officials, and concession workers for all home games.
- Develop line-ups, game strategies, and instruct individual work-out and practice needs for various student athletes.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times.
- Monitor sportsmanship and conduct of student athletes on and off field/court.
- Provide oversight of athletes residing in housing designated for student athletes.
- Develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Collin College.
- Provide transportation for Collin College athletes as required.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with NJCAA and conference rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties to maintain all standards in accordance with College policies, procedures and Core Values.
Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in Physical Education, Kinesiology or related field and two (2) years playing college or professional sports or two (2) years of high school or college coaching experience required. Master degree preferred.
Valid Texas Driver's License and insurability with the College's insurance carrier.
Current First-aid and CPR certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of College or professional sports
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations
- Knowledge of admissions and financial aid policies and procedures
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching and mentoring and skills
- Ability to evaluate physical performance related to the various Collin College athletic programs
- Ability to teach in a role as a support individual within a group setting
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance
- Ability to demonstrate sport techniques
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Heavy Work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly having to move objects. Positions in this class typically include talking, hearing, seeing, grasping, standing, walking and repetitive motions, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching, climbing and balancing, plus pushing, pulling and lifting. Occasional exposure to unpleasant environmental conditions and/or hazards. Occasional outside work. Frequent physical effort required.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of the positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Fair Labor Standards Act (exempt/non-exempt) is designated by position. The employer actively supports Americans with Disabilities Act and will consider reasonable accommodations.
Employment Type: Part-time Staff
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $18.53 - 18.53
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney