Associate Director, Academic Support Services
ASO DIR, Academic Support Svcs
The UF Online Associate Director for Academic Advising and Student Affairs reporting to the Assistant Provost and Director of UF Online, serves as a key member of the UF Online leadership providing vision and oversight for all academic advising processes and practices at the University for online students, development and execution of a holistic advising model, faculty and staff training, student advising at initial onboarding and orientation, and evaluation of advising processes. The Associate Director will ensure a system in place to support, monitor and cultivate student success including the preparation of a detailed analysis of online education success rates and support service status. The Associate Director will ensure appropriate initiatives, policies, procedures, and best practices are in place and consistently applied across campus programs in concert with the latest analytics and indicators of student success outcomes for the UF Online student population. UF Online student engagement organizing student events and activities locally and nationally. The Associate Director will work collaboratively with colleagues across offices and academic departments at UF, including the Online Learning Institute and the campus Academic Advising network, plus with external experts and partners to strengthen UF online student success initiatives and services. Finally the Associate Director will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective implementation of the UF Online funding streams for campus advising and student success, including engaging the college advisors and their leadership.
- Responsible for overseeing all UF Online student success initiatives. Ensure UF has the ideal mix of student success programs in place to drive excellent academic outcomes across the UF Online student body. Work with colleges and departments across campus to launch, implement, and continually improve programs that drive UF online student success. With an understanding of best practices in ensuring excellent online learning outcomes, prepare timely and detailed analysis of UF Online education success rates and support service status coupled with strategic recommendations to continually improve UF Online student success programs. In conjunction with Assistant Director for Student Success, responsible for overseeing all UF Online student engagement activities that may include, but are not limited to periodic community forums (hosted on-campus, off-campus, and online), student orientation and graduation events, summer institutes or other summer programs, and periodic student-centric newsletters and other forms of communication. Responsible for fostering student connectedness and engagement as the lead coordinator of the UF Online student community forum.
– Responsible for overseeing all UF Online academic advising initiatives in conjunction with UF Online staff and advisors in academic colleges and departments. Serve as leader and organizer of the campus wide network of academic advisors for online students. Develops and maintains a comprehensive advising model for online students to include traditional academic advising as well as life and career coaching. Positions UF Online advising as a national leader and model for advising online undergraduate students. Develops and assesses the procedures, mechanisms, and strategies for the institution’s advising component of student engagement. Facilitates changes as necessary to maintain continuous advising quality to ensure best practices are being implemented, documented, and adjusted based on process analysis
– Responsible for developing and implementing advising staff training programs; supervising, hiring and coordinating training for all advising staff including a likely significant increase in academic advising staff for online students; maintaining and coordinating advising staff during the registration cycle and peak advising periods; ensuring consistent and quality communication with the students to promote student success; ensuring accurate advising information is available on the web/portal and assisting with targeted student success efforts.
– Responsible for serving as the UF Online liaison for student success and engagement with colleagues across UF campus including Dean of Students Office, New Student and Family Programs, Career Resource Center, Counseling and Wellness Center, Disability Resource Center, Student Recreation and Fitness Center, University Athletic Association, Alumni Association, Department of Housing and Residential Education, Gainesville Regional Transit System, and off campus housing to ensure UF is always best serving online students with the robust student services and support.
- Oversight of curriculum of UF Online programs, partnering with academic departments on course sequencing and capacities to ensure continual and optimal progression for UF Online students; Partner with COIP on the expansion of degrees and courses, and the development schedule to promote successful course and program launches within prescribed cadence.
– Other Duties as assigned including “big picture” projects designed to continue to position the University of Florida as a leader in online education, including: statewide or national taskforces in online learning, curriculum work with college and employer partners, and national conversations related to support and success of the online student.
$100,000 - $115,000
Master's degree in an appropriate area and four years of relevant experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and six years of relevant experience.
Minimum Qualifications Plus:
Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments
Ability to communicate orally and in writing
Ability to establish and maintain effective customer relations with clients
Ability to establish effective working relationships with peers
Ability to function and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Experience working with online students
Experience working to promote student academic success
Experience organizing events to foster student engagement
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required: No
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Flamingo Lodge