Assistant Director, Center for Diversity & Inclusion - (STA006771)
Assists in the daily operation and long-range strategic planning for the Center for Diversity and Inclusion; to educate the campus community about areas of diversity, inclusion, and social justice issues through formal trainings, workshops, and other programs.
- Provides education and other resources to diverse communities to assist with student leadership and development.
- Supervises and provides professional development for the center's Office Coordinator as well as Student Office Assistants.
- Oversees and manages the center's assessment, data analysis and reporting (Progress Card, annual report, serves on DSAES Assessment Committees, etc..).
- Works with the Director to deliver online seminars and/or workshops to the campus community to foster inclusiveness, equity and social justice and increase awareness of diversity issues.
- Creates, implements and assesses high level programming for underrepresented populations that the center currently does not serve.
- Assists with Cultural Competency Training curriculum development, training and assessment.
- Creates, organizes and implements various identity development based initiatives.
- Participates in budget planning and is responsible for controlling expenditures in accordance with budget allocations for the program.
- Collaborates with other departments and areas in the community, assesses programs, and carries out required documentation.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree and 3 years experience.
Education: Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Experience: Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related experience.