Help Desk Technician
Position Help Desk Technician Full Time/Part Time Full Time Job Type Regular Position Summary
Under the direction of the Technology Support Services Manager, the Help Desk Technician ensures proper computer, telephone, printer, and classroom technology operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks. This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. The Help Desk Technician is expected to provide excellent customer service to the campus community and guests.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Field incoming help requests from end users in person, or via telephone or e-mail, in a prompt, courteous, and professional manner.
• Perform general problem solving and assistance on a variety of software applications and hardware systems supported by ITS . Prioritize and escalate problems to the appropriate area within the ITS department, when level one support cannot solve the problem. Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved, and perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
• Prioritize problems and projects. Escalate problems, when required, to the appropriately experienced individual, group, or department.
• Document user requests and problems, including all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of the request or problem.
• Handle confidential information with discretion.
• Manage computer accounts by assisting users with password change/reset, and extending expired accounts as appropriate.
• Collaborate with team members to make recommendations for improved internal processes, and improved customer service experience.
• Receive cross-training in other areas of the department, and provide support in covering those areas if there if there is a shortage of staff, or overflow in workload.
• Maintain technically current and relevant through self-directed professional reading, developing and maintaining professional contacts, professional development, and training.
• Develop training material and help guides for users and support staff.
• Assist with training of new hires within the department.
• Maintain regular attendance.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Associate’s degree in any field, and 1 year of demonstrated experience providing technology support.
Bachelor’s degree in any field.
Special Conditions for Eligibility
•Specialty licensure/certification may be required, as specified by the department. Successful candidate may be subject to a criminal background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Functional and technical knowledge of Windows and Mac OS.
• Functional and technical knowledge of Office 365, Brightspace, and ZOOM .
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
•Moderate physical effort. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to manipulate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. May require occasional lifting, handling, pushing, or moving objects up to 50 pounds.
•Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth-perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
•Work is performed in an office/classroom setting.
Pay Rate Work Location/Campus Center Las Vegas, NM Campus EEO Statement
New Mexico Highlands University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We are committed to the University values of diversity, accessibility, excellence, and responsiveness.
For disabled access or services call 505-454-3242 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the link below for more information regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity:
Equal Employment Opportunity is THE LAW
Posting Number AS445P Open Date 12/18/2020 Close Date Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicant
A complete online application must include: 1) Letter of interest/cover letter; 2) Resume; 3) Name, telephone number and email address of three (3) professional references in online application, and; 4) copies of unofficial transcripts. Candidates who are invited for on-campus interviews will be required to submit official transcripts. References will be contacted in conjunction with on-campus interview. Upload required materials with online application. For disabled access or services, call (505)454-3242 or contact Human Resources at email@example.com. NMHU IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Quick Link https://nmhu.peopleadmin.com/postings/6288 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter/ Letter of Interest
- Unofficial Transcripts Conferring Required Degree
- Letter(s) of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Technology Administration/Other Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Las Vegas