Tenure-track Assistant Professor of Studio Art
LAKELAND UNIVERSITY, an independent liberal arts institution located in east central Wisconsin, invites applications from a diverse group of qualified candidates for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Studio Art to begin August 2021. Lakeland seeks to appoint a versatile educator with a broad range of skills in studio art and graphic design. Of particular interest are applicants who not only honor traditional studio art professional endeavors, but also embrace and innovate pathways for artists to retain relevancy and obtain professional success in an increasingly digital marketplace.
All Lakeland University Staff Members are expected to:
- Demonstrate in their words and actions an appreciation for the history of Lakeland University and a commitment to its stated mission;
- Represent unequivocally in their behavior the stated values of the University;
- Be good stewards of the University’s resources, including its personnel and the goodwill of its friends, its alumni, and local community;
- Work collaboratively (as opposed to competitively) with their peers to meet objectives and achieve our goals;
- Keep their supervisor appropriately informed;
- Be forthright and honest in their communication with all members of the University community;
- Treat all members in a manner of teamwork and respect;
- Acts in a manner that sets the standard for service in higher education and the core principals of Lakelands Excelling at Professionalism (LEAP) – show respect, communicate and be positive;
- Advise their supervisor with respect to all matters that require their attention, including their own performance.
- Teach undergraduate courses primarily in studio art, with a secondary, supporting role teaching courses in the graphic design program, as well as the possibility of teaching in Lakeland’s interdisciplinary studies program.
- Create and engage students in coursework (assignments, projects, in-class learning activities, critiques, exams) that meets and assesses course learning objectives.
- Revise and advance the studio art curriculum and assessment plan as needed.
- Advise students regarding their academic and experiential learning endeavors.
- Participate in student recruitment efforts.
- Serve the institution through committee work.
- Serve as the Director of the Bradley Art Gallery, including organizing and managing the exhibit schedule and hosting opening receptions.
- Manage inventory for the on-campus art store and oversee student workers.
- Use university technology as directed, including academic platforms such as Blackboard and Starfish to support student learning.
- MFA in studio art or related field.
- Demonstrated teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated knowledge of studio art theory, methods, techniques, and materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design theory, methods, techniques, and industry-standard software, especially Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Professional experience in subject matter preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with photography and videography a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in K-12 settings a plus.
Undergraduate teaching experience will be highly valued, in addition to a willingness and ability to teach in diversified online or hybrid learning environments. The successful candidate will also exhibit a commitment to experiential learning both in and out of the classroom. Compensation will be commensurate with background and experience, and a comprehensive benefit program is offered.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, current curriculum vita, a statement of teaching philosophy, portfolio of professional and student work, and three current letters of recommendation. For additional information on Lakeland University, please visit our web site at www.lakeland.edu
Lakeland University does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Lakeland University is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Educator
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Plymouth
- Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Plymouth
- Art Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Plymouth
- Design & Graphic Arts Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Plymouth