Equity and Diversity Research Associate
At Mason Tillman Associates, Ltd. (Mason Tillman), differences and shared human experiences are our business. As our communities become more diverse, workplaces and institutions must make diversity and inclusion (D&I) a business objective. Conscientious and intentional D&I strategies enable public agencies and corporations to create products, services, and institutions that work for all of us.
Since 1978, Mason Tillman has provided research, policy development, statistical assessments, and social marketing services designed to improve minority and women contracting and hiring practices. We have conducted over 150 comprehensive diversity assessments of public and private contracting and hiring practices throughout the United States. Data tells a story of the patterns and practices in contracting, hiring, and retention. We use data to devise Innovative strategies that meet the needs of our clients, and their constituents, customers, and stakeholders.
Our work is grounded in the seminal 1989 United States Supreme Court decision, City of Richmond v. J.A. Croson. Mason Tillman’s in-house legal team’s sound interpretation and application of case law, coupled with social science principles, quantitative analyses, and empathy provides our clients with evidence-based policy recommendations, objectives, and initiatives that lead to intentional inclusion of persons from diverse backgrounds. Our efforts have led to more equitable distributions of billions of dollars in public expenditures and employment opportunities that reflect the diverse characteristics of our communities.
About the Position
Mason Tillman is seeking an Equity and Diversity Associate to provide support for research and consulting projects for government and private clients. The work is primarily in the areas of diversity and inclusion (D&I) regarding contracting and workforce practices. This position is responsible for data collection, project administration, technical writing, and other tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate for this position has a demonstrated commitment to the principles of fairness and equity for people of color, women, and other historically marginalized groups, has excellent writing skills, is able to work efficiently, well-organized, detail-oriented, and can prioritize efficiently. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is critical. This position offers a significant level of responsibility and an opportunity for growth to an individual seeking to advance or begin a career in D&I policy.
• Prepare descriptive statistics and graphics to convey research findings
• Conduct literature research and other independent investigation related to diversity, inclusion and equity. in government contracting, procurement, and hiring practices.
• Interpret study specifications, research findings and quantitative analysis.
• Coordinate project activity and communication with internal and external audiences
• Assist with preparing project reports, memos, presentations, and proposals
• Support execution of duties related to grant proposals, contracting, procurement and business development
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Skills and Training
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3 to 5 years' experience in one or more of the following technical competencies:
- Policy writing
- Research methods
- Project management
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to initiate and conduct work independently and efficiently on concurrent projects
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• High proficiency in online research, Microsoft Office Suite Mailchimp, and Salesforce applications
• Strong writing skills
Preferred Education, Skills and Training
• Master’s degree in Public Policy, Humanities or Social Sciences
• Juris Doctorate
Apply for Equity and Diversity Research Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly