Assistant Director of Admissions
Assistant Director of Admissions
Department: Undergraduate Admissions
Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions will manage a travel territory, create a travel schedule and attend college fairs and high school visits both in person and virtually representing the university. The individual will be responsible for application review and follow up efforts. In addition, work on-campus recruitment events and daily information sessions
- Assist in the identification, recruitment and enrollment of prospective students from a geographic territory.
- Conduct enthusiastic on-campus, off-campus and virtual information sessions while working special recruitment events throughout the year.
- Represent the University of New Haven at college fairs, college nights and virtual programs throughout the year.
- Provide admission counseling to prospective students and be responsible for day to day communication with students in person, via telephone, zoom, text or email.
- Responsible for carrying out aspects of the admission and recruitment process including, but not limited to, planning and executing fall and spring recruitment travel.
- Coordinate time-sensitive application workflow and process applications, including the evaluation of candidates for admissions, utilizing university guidelines to determine admissibility of students and ensuring that accepted students receive appropriate communication.
- Adept at recruiting, admitting and converting potential students.
- Through individual and group interactions, counsel prospective students, parents and guidance professionals throughout the college application and selection process.
- Provide exceptional customer service during all on-campus, virtual and special road events (such as Open House, Accepted Student Day, Accepted Student Receptions) and promote the University in a positive manner to all prospective students and families, alumni, colleagues, and community.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s Degree preferred and a minimum of 3 years of admission experience required
- Ability to represent the University of New Haven in a variety of situations and be able to competently interact with a diverse population of prospective students, faculty and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- High level of technical skills and proficiency in Microsoft suite of products required; Sungard Banner Experience preferred; CRM system experience required, preferably with TargetX.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds is required for the travel component of the position.
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Ability to work evening and weekends, as needed.
- Must demonstrate a tireless commitment to enrolling and retaining a diverse student body.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and list of 3- 5 references and their contact information to: via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make sure to reference Search # 20-26A in the subject line.
The University of New Haven is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
Apply for Assistant Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly