Adjunct Professor, Veterinary Technology
Adjunct Professor, Veterinary Technology
391 Country Club Road
Wylie, Texas, 75098
Since offering its first classes at area high schools in 1985, Collin College has expanded to serve more than 55,000 credit and continuing education students each year. The only public college in the county, the college offers more than 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of disciplines. Through its campuses, centers, and programs, Collin County Community College District fulfills community and industry needs and its statutory charge by providing: Academic courses in the arts and sciences to transfer to senior institutions; Programs leading to baccalaureate degrees, associate degrees or certificates, including technical programs, designed to develop marketable skills and promote economic development; Continuing adult education programs for academic, professional, occupational and cultural enhancement; Developmental education and literacy programs designed to improve the basic skills of students; A program of student support services, including counseling and learning resources designed to assist individuals in achieving their educational and career goals; Workforce, economic, and community development initiatives designed to meet local and statewide needs.
We are searching for an experienced Adjunct Professor, Veterinary Technology
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in accordance with the schedule of classes and follow the approved course descriptions and syllabi established by the Division faculty and administered by the Associate Dean/Director.
- Teaching assignments may be on one or more of the college's campuses or off-site locations and may include evening and weekend programs. Collin College is not hiring for on-line instruction at this time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all duties and maintain all standards in accordance with college policies, procedures and Core Values.
An associate degree in Veterinary Technology from an American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) accredited institution and eligible for licensing in the state of Texas OR must be a current Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) within the State of Texas.
Three (3) years of clinical experience required.
Equivalent of two-years’ experience in technician education through involvement in a practice affiliated with an accredited program, formal teaching, and/or training of new graduates/hires, preferred.
Teaching or training experience is desirable.
Licenses and Certifications
Must be a current Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) within the state of Texas OR eligible for licensing in the state of Texas.
***This is a Security Sensitive position. Therefore candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.***
NOTE TO APPLICANTS:
ALL applicants (internal and external) applying for faculty positions MUST attach a copy of their qualifying transcripts.Faculty applications that do not have the appropriate transcripts attached will be deemed incomplete and will not be considered.
Please note, our part-time faculty positions are posted based on anticipated need and student enrollment. This position may remain open during the academic year. If the division has a need for additional part-time faculty for a future assignment and you are selected to continue to the next phase of the hiring process, you will be contacted directly by the Associate Dean to schedule an interview.
Employment Type: Part-time Adjunct Faculty
Compensation Type: Hourly
Compensation Range: $51.16 - 60.19
For any employment questions, please contact HR at (972) 985-3783 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Collin College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney
- Veterinary Sciences Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in McKinney