Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
A full-time tenure-track position at the Assistant Professor level to teach courses in Business Information Systems for Fall 2021 at the undergraduate and graduate level for the Management & Information Systems Department.
Salary Grade : UC
Please see Staff Compensation Structure or Skilled Crafts and Service Maintenance Compensation Schedule for salary ranges. For salary grade UC, these positions are "Unclassified" and salary ranges are determined by the hiring department.
Area of Specialization:
Management Information Technology & Systems
Anticipated Appointment Date:
August 16, 2021
Tenure Track Status:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses.
- Engage in research that leads to publications in top journals.
- Contribute to the department's strategic research focus in Information Security.
- Fulfilling service obligations to department, college and university.
Successful candidate must have a Ph.D. in Business Information Systems or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered.
ABDs or degree pending considered (all but DISS):
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching in Business Information Systems.
- Demonstrated ability to do research that leads to publications in top Information Systems journals.
- Prior research on Information Security is considered favorably.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to conduct quality teaching.
- Ability to conduct research that leads to publications in top journals.
- Willingness and ability to contribute to the department's strategic research focus in Information Security.
- Willingness and ability to provide appropriate level of department, college and university service.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work with students and colleagues.
Instructions for Applying:
Link to apply: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/
Applicants must apply online at www.msujobs.msstate.edu by submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae. Two letters of recommendation should be attached to the application or e-mailed directly from the writer to search committee chair Dr. Merrill Warkentin (email@example.com). In addition to applying on the MSU website, please combine application documents (cover letter, curriculum vita, two to three papers, supporting materials) into a single pdf and e-mail it to search committee chair Dr. Merrill Warkentin.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
MSU is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, sex, religion, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, gender identity, status as a U.S. veteran, and/or any other status protected by applicable law. We always welcome nominations and applications from women, members of any minority group, and others who share our passion for building a diverse community that reflects the diversity in our student population.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Mississippi State University