English Full-Time Tenure Track Faculty
Ours is a 4/4 load consisting chiefly of composition courses: ENG 100 (Developmental), 101, and 102.
Weeks per fiscal year
Faculty are covered under a 9-month contract period (August thru May)
Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance; Sick and Holiday pay; Personal Business;
Educational Assistance: Tuition Waivers at Harper & Professional Expense
Position Description and Duties
The English Department at Harper College, a two-year institution located 20 miles northwest of Chicago, seeks a faculty member for a full-time, tenure track position. Candidates should possess expertise in areas such as composition and rhetoric, curriculum development (including writing syllabi), and developing/teaching English classes using traditional and alternative delivery methods.
The successful candidate will have a 4/4 load consisting chiefly of composition courses: ENG 100 (Developmental), 101, and 102. The successful candidate may also have the opportunity to teach Humanities, Literature, Honors-Program, and "linked" courses (through the college's Learning Communities Program). In addition to teaching 12 contact hours per semester, a full-time English faculty member serves on departmental, divisional and institutional committees; hold 10 office hours per week; and pursues professional development opportunities related to discipline and pedagogy.
The English Department is large and dynamic, with varied interests. Our students come to us from countries around the world; from a wide variety socio-economic backgrounds and every level of academic preparedness.
We seek a full-time colleague to begin in August, 2021.
Minimum requirements include an MA in English or Rhetoric/Composition; OR MFA in Creative Writing
Experience Requirements Post-secondary teaching experience required. Two years of community college teaching experience preferred. Teaching Assistant (TA) teaching experience would be considered equivalent to college teaching. Application Review Date: Applications are accepted until the position is filled, though priority will be given to applications received on or before January 25, 2021
Candidates chosen for phone interviews will be asked to submit three (3) professional letters of recommendation. We respectfully request that the letters focus on one or more of the following:
1. Your teaching ability
2. Your cultural competence
3. Your ongoing professional development
*You will not be able to complete the application without attaching the following documents:
- Cover letter
- CV/Resume (Does not substitute for completed application)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts from Regionally accredited institutions
- A one page single-spaced statement of your teaching philosophy. In your teaching philosophy, please include how you approach classroom management, how you assess students, and how you use instructional technology.
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Advertised: December 17, 2020 Central Standard Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Communications Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Speech & Rhetoric Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Hoffman Estates