Assistant Director of Recruitment
• Respond to inquiries regarding applications, admission
policies and procedures, financial aid availability and program
offerings at Husson University through prompt response to phone
calls, text messages and email inquiries.
• Provide informational materials and admission counseling services for prospective students.
• Assist students through all aspects of the admissions process for online programs including the collection, evaluation and distribution of documents and information related to their admissions file using the University's CRM platform.
• Maintain telephone and electronic contact and initiate correspondence with prospective students, including appropriate and consistent follow-up, including a high call volume schedule to consistently meet performance goals that is consistent with best practices in serving online and post-traditional students.
• Participate in recruitment events and travel, representing the university at graduate and career fairs and conducting on-site presentations for prospective students and/or advisors.
• Participate in on-campus outreach events such as Accepted Student Day, Open House etc.
• Conduct virtual and in-person informational campus visits for prospective students and their guests, as well as representing the University at events and other functions as requested.
• Maintain communication with advisors at in-state and out-of-state feeder colleges and universities.
• Create and maintain student files using the University's CRM: SLATE.
• Review applicant files and make admission and merit scholarship decisions; Academically advise, monitor compliance of application, and enroll first-time students.
• Conduct transfer credit evaluation for students who have attended post-secondary institutions or complete credit by examination programs.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends.
• Establish and attain monthly enrollment goals and provide regular reports of student recruiting activity to the Director of Admissions and the Director of Online and Extended Learning.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's Degree required, with an appreciation for
professional and online education experience
• 1-3 years' experience in higher education admissions and/or recruitment or related higher education experience. Experience working with online programs preferred
• Demonstrates the highest professional demeanor and ethical behavior while representing the institution
• The ability to articulate the value and benefits of a Husson education to a variety of audiences is essential
• Admission staff members are expected to remain current in external market conditions and identify best admission practices
• Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain collegial relations with other University staff, faculty and students
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a close and integrated team of admission professionals
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• A collaborative and transparent approach to problem-solving
• Ability to plan, organize and implement programs and projects related to Husson University's enrollment goals