Assistant Director, Reunion Programs
Assistant Director, Reunion Programs
Location: Pomona College, Claremont, CA
Department: Leadership Annual Giving
Employment Status: Regular Full time
Target Starting Pay: Dependent upon qualifications
Pomona College seeks a skilled professional who will oversee reunion gift campaigns for Pomona College’s alumni. Develop fundraising goals and strategies to realize both leadership gifts and extensive class participation across graduating classes; recruit, train and manage reunion volunteers. Candidate should support new ideas, encourages interaction and teamwork, be fully integrated in preparation for the most aspirational and comprehensive capital campaign in the history of the College.
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS:
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reporting directly to the Director of Leadership and Annual Giving, the Assistant Director performs the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a robust reunion program.
- Manage a portfolio of 125 current and upcoming reunion prospects. Develop discovery, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies.
- Establish Pomona College as a resource for its alumni.
- Expand and enhance communications between Pomona and its alumni classes.
- Effectively communicate the important role Pomona alumni play as ambassadors for the College and supporting the success of all students.
- Support Pomona’s outreach programs for alumni on and off campus. Schedule department meetings to strategically plan and coordinate events and conduct post-event reviews. Prepare cost-analysis and tracking reports that evaluate the effectiveness of reunion events.
- Manage key initiatives for the department, including but not limited to oversight of programs generating measurable engagement.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND CRITICAL SKILLS: The candidate must possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities to be able to successfully perform the essential functions of the position or be able to demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using other skills and abilities not listed below.
- Minimum of 2 year of experience cultivating and soliciting individuals.
- Experience in recruiting and managing volunteers; ability to work with development staff and student workers.
- Strong leadership qualities, including the ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, personal integrity, optimism and high achievement, thereby inspiring confidence and trust among alumni, students, volunteers, faculty, staff, senior university officials and the general public.
- Ability to work effectively with frequently changing deadlines and conflicting priorities and with a strong attention to detail.
- Foster a culture of personal accountability, innovation, creativity, and promote a customer-service oriented community and successful donor-centric model of sustained fundraising
- The successful candidate will be an effective advocate for the value of the liberal arts with all constituents.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Completion of a minimum of a Bachelor's degree; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience within a complex university setting. Demonstrated fundraising experience at an academic institution is desirable. Relevant corporate, non-profit leadership or military experience may be substituted for fundraising experience.
Applications are accepted through Pomona College at: http://www.pomona.edu/administration/human-resources/employment
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremont
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremont
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremont
- Alumni Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Claremont