Director of System Communications
The University of Alabama System seeks to fill the senior leadership position of Director of System Communications. The Director will oversee and coordinate all system communications and public relations. Reporting to the Chancellor, the Director will work closely with Government Relations and other members of the senior staff. The Director will coordinate and oversee public relations (including strategic communications and marketing) with the chief communication and marketing officers at each of the University of Alabama System’s three universities and the UAB Health System. The Director will oversee, develop and deliver regular communications to the System’s Board of Trustees.
Applications must be submitted via the UAS job site: https://jobs.uasystem.edu/en-us/job/512011/512011-director-of-system-communications
This position is open until filled with preference given to applications received on or before January 20, 2021
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Business or closely related field
• Appropriate relevant experience
• Exceptional interpersonal, management, and leadership skills
• Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic vision
• Ability to serve effectively as a representative of the Board of Trustees
• Demonstrated experience consulting and advising senior-level executives
• Familiarity with and ability to implement the strategic use of new media to complement and enhance traditional channels of communications
• Experience working with various related constituencies, including media executives, policy makers, opinion leaders, local, state and industry leaders, donors, community leaders, and various entities across the state
• Demonstrated ability to interact and influence at the most senior levels of the organization while working collaboratively, cooperatively, and strategically across all functions, levels, and departments
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
• In conjunction with campus and System Office leadership, serving as liaison for communication between the Board of Trustees and the University of Alabama System
• Coordinating and overseeing the public relations, internal and strategic communications (including the effective use of social media), outreach, and marketing and branding across the System
• Writing speeches, preparing presentations, and preparing responses to constituents and media information requests pertaining to the Board and crisis/media management issues
• Providing such other duties as assigned
Note to applicant: Applications must include a letter of interest and resume.
Background Investigation Statement: Prior to hiring, the final candidate(s) must successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation. A prior conviction reported as a result of the background investigation DOES NOT automatically disqualify a candidate from consideration for this position. A candidate with a prior conviction will receive an individualized review of the prior conviction before a hiring decision is made.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The University of Alabama System is an equal opportunity employer (EOE), including an EOE of protected vets and individuals with disabilities.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tuscaloosa