Academic Librarian will be a people-focused role, requiring individuals to manage learning resources while keeping the library users' needs in mind. The Librarian will work on establishing a state-of-the-art resource system for the use of faculty and students.
- Determine the selection of the Africa Institute’s collection for use by faculty, students, visiting scholars, researchers, and the public at larger.
- Selecting, developing, cataloguing and classifying library resources.
- Develop and index databases that provide information to library users.
- Recruit, supervise and train the Library team.
- Plan the Library budget and forecast the different personnel and capital requirements.
- Contribute to the design of the Library in the new campus and during the transitional phase.
- Ensure availability of writing resources to students.
- Ensure library is meeting the needs of all groups of users; faculty, postgraduate students, staff, and be attentive to visitors with special needs.
- Plan with the Archivist the strategic directions for archiving materials acquisition
Master of Library Science, Master in Information Management or a related field. Reasonable knowledge of African and African Diaspora studies in relation to information sciences will be preferred.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in higher education institution.
- Experience in developing innovative research services to enhance research and teaching.
- Experience in providing copyright or licensing services in an academic setting.
- Experience in managing and working with diverse staff.
- Excellent leadership and planning skills
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Respect to diversity and experience in working in multi-cultural environments
- English and Arabic proficiency is a must with French as a strong asset.
If you are interested, kindly send an email with your CV and a Cover Letter to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention the position you are applying for in the subject line.
"Salary and further compensation commensurate with degree and experience. Benefits package includes health insurance, housing and transportation, children school fees allowances subject to coordination of benefits."
“The Africa Institute is committed to fair employment practices and encourages women and men of all national, ethnic and religious backgrounds to apply and join our expanding team. UAE nationals are encouraged to apply.”
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Librarians & Library Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in United Arab Emirates