Part Time Faculty Statistics and Business Instructor
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.
Job TitlePart Time Faculty Statistics and Business Instructor
Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring and Germantown campuses are currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Statistics and Business. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate engagingly in a virtual environment.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
• The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not
constitute an assignment.
• The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment
and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
• During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may
teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and
no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
• During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no
more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses in business statistics and business, mentoring and advising students, and participating in department and college affairs. Engage in ongoing professional development (e.g., seminars and conferences) to stay current with cutting-edge pedagogies and methodologies.
- Adjunct instructors may be used to cover part-time, temporary, and/or substitute openings in the department. Assignments can vary in duration and are not guaranteed. Courses may be offered at any of our campuses as needed. Duties for Statistics and Management adjuncts include:
- Providing effective classroom instruction using Open Education Resources, methods, and materials appropriate to the subject matter.
- Comply with all university and college policies, including those in the Faculty Handbook and Online Faculty Expectations.
- Primarily responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the course as well as course assessments for the department.
- Implement the syllabi as designed for the course.
- Teach class in a professional manner, teaching the material that is present in the syllabus and course platform.
- Post in a prominent place your student office hours schedule for each quarter. Be present during student office hours. Office hours are for the primary purpose of communicating with students regarding the courses you are teaching and academic advising.
- Appropriately maintain all necessary records for each course taught.
- Attend scheduled meetings and events as appropriate and as requested by the coordinator or department chair.
- Cultivate in oneself and others an attitude of helpfulness, personal commitment to building relationships, and managing to the best solution.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Education, Marketing, Public Administration, or Finance.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Commitment to diversity. All applicants must have demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, cultural, disability, ethnic gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff. The applicant must be able to demonstrate how these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practices within the classroom.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Doctorate degree is preferred.
- Three or more years of teaching experience.
- Five or more years of full-time corporate work experience.
- Distance Learning and face to face teaching experience.
Application Process :
- Online applications must be received by January 16, 2021.
- For consideration, you must (Optional)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
Submit a cover letter along with an un-official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateSaturday, January 16, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Business & Management Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Business Administration Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Rockville