University Code 32311 University Title Supervisor 1, Labs and Research University Job Family Research & Innovation ORP Eligible No For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Single Title Scope of Search Local Working Title Production Supervisor Position Number 589400 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Wilder Sch Of Govt & Public Affairs Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
• Oversees operation of mail survey room.
• Oversees mail room activities and approximately 4-12 field staff, including training, supervision, and inventory control.
• Manages student and hourly field staff to meet mail survey needs.
• Responsible for ensuring quality of data entry and coding.
• Provides written feedback on productivity and quality of performance to all mail survey field staff at the completion of each project.
• Conducts bi-annual performance evaluations of all field staff.
• Establishes procedures, guidelines and minimal standards to be followed and met by field staff.
• Estimates time and resources necessary for project completion to prepare budget and work plans for perspective clients, according to established SERL procedures and policies.
• Remains current on new technologies related to mail survey methodology to advise project directors of the most efficient modes of data collection and management.
• Designs and programs databases for mail merges, creates cover letters for inclusion with mail surveys, Programs web-based surveys in REDCap and other software as needed.
• Writes SPSS programs for analysis and table production.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Extensive experience with, MS Office (including ACCESS, Word, and Excel.) and REDCap.
• Effective manager of people: fair, firm, conscientious in dealing with people.
• Ability to work in fast paced, non-hierarchical atmosphere and meet direct time constraints.
• Knowledge of survey research methods and practices.
• Experience in supervision.
• Experience in survey research.
• Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
BA or BS in social science and/or business.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $40,000 - $50,000 Application Process/Additional Information
Applications must be submitted online through e-jobs (https://www.vcujobs.com/). All applications should include a cover letter and a detailed resume with the names and contact information of three professional references. Resume does not take the place of work experiences on the application.
“Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action university providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran’s status, political affiliation or disability.”
Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Job Open Date 12/14/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Research Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102229 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond