Adjunct Faculty- Introduction to Public Health
The Division of Business, STEM and Health Professions at Middlesex County College invites applications for an Adjunct Instructor to teach a Remote Live course in Introduction to Public Health during the Spring 2021 semester. Topics will include:
· Historical development of public health and ways that public health affects current events and daily life
· Public health and related roles and responsibilities of government, non- government agencies, and private health organizations
· Risk factors and modes of transmission for communicable and chronic diseases and how these diseases affect both personal and population health
· Leading causes of mortality, morbidity, and health disparities among local, regional, and global populations
· Methods of epidemiology and surveillance, including rates, risk factors, disease determinants and causation are used to safeguard the population’s health
· Burden of infectious and chronic diseases and injuries on morbidity and mortality and approaches to early detection and prevention
· Interconnectedness among the physical, social, and environmental aspects of community health, and their impact across the life span
· Impact of policies, laws, and legislation on both individual and population health
· Impact of environmental factors on health and disease
· Basic organization of healthcare and public health systems and the contributions of public health and health professionals
· Core functions of public health in addressing health disparities and the needs of diverse and vulnerable populations.
· Roles of public health in natural or terrorism-related disaster prevention and management.
Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Public Health or closely related field is required. Experience teaching in a remote environment is preferred.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Nutrition Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Other Health & Medicine Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Edison