Tenure-Track and Visiting Positions In Applied Mathematics Or Statistics
Applications are invited for one tenure-track position and one visiting position in applied mathematics or statistics beginning in August 2021. These positions will be housed in the Department of Mathematics at Randolph-Macon College in Ashland, Virginia, under the supervision of the department chair. The successful candidates must demonstrate experience in the classroom, a commitment to teaching at a liberal arts college, and a strong interest in continued scholarship. The successful candidate will also be encouraged to contribute to the implementation of the department’s recently-established major in Applied Mathematics. The Department of Mathematics at Randolph-Macon College is a multi-award winning and highly collegial group of teacher-scholars, providing a stimulating intellectual environment for teaching and research, as well as opportunities for interdisciplinary collaboration with colleagues in other departments.
- A Ph.D. (awarded by May 31, 2021) in an area of applied mathematics or statistics is required.
- Prior experience in teaching mathematics and/or statistics is preferred.
- A commitment to teaching and scholarship in the liberal arts is essential.
- Preference will be given to candidates who can demonstrate evidence of interest and/or experience in mentoring students from historically underrepresented groups.
- Teaching seven 3-hour courses (3 fall, 1 January, 3 spring) per academic year, including courses for the mathematics and applied mathematics majors, service courses for other majors, and general education courses. The successful candidate will demonstrate teaching effectiveness and bring a strong commitment to student-centered learning.
- Supervising undergraduate research projects in applied mathematics or statistics.
- Maintaining an active program of continued scholarship through professional activities such as research and service to the discipline.
- Participation in curricular development, program assessment, and other departmental initiatives.
- Service on college-wide committees.
- Assisting with student retention, mentoring, and advising.
Randolph-Macon College, founded in 1830, is a selective, primarily residential liberal arts college with an enrollment of 1500 students located in the northern suburbs of Richmond, Virginia. It is 90 miles South of Washington, DC and 15 miles north of Richmond. The College values diversity and is committed to building a community which welcomes all persons regardless of race, gender, disability, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, or gender expression. Please see the Randolph-Macon Policy on Nondiscrimination for more information. For further information, please visit our website at www.rmc.edu.
To apply, please send the following as a single pdf document to Ms. Sabrina Granderson, Administrative Services Coordinator, at SabrinaGranderson@rmc.edu:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae
- Teaching statement
- Research statement
- A one-page statement on your commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Graduate transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable)
- Names and contact details of two referees.
Applications will be reviewed beginning February 1, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
If you have any questions about these positions, please contact Professor Adrian Rice, Department Chair, at email@example.com
Apply for Tenure-Track and Visiting Positions In Applied Mathematics Or Statistics
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Mathematics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland
- Statistics Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Ashland