Section Head, Disciplinary Programs Section, Division of Earth Sciences
Become a part of our mission to maintain and strengthen the vitality of the US science and engineering enterprise. For over 70 years, the National Science Foundation (NSF) has remained the premier Federal agency supporting basic research at the frontiers of discovery across all fields, as well as science and engineering education at all levels.
The Head of the Disciplinary Programs Section serves as a member of the Division leadership team and as the Directorate’s principal spokesperson for its core programs. The incumbent is responsible for the overall planning, management and commitment of budgeted funds for the section, which includes the following programs: Geobiology and Low Temperature Geochemistry, Geomorphology and Land Use Dynamics, Hydrologic Sciences, Sedimentary Geology and Paleobiology, Geophysics, Petrology and Geochemistry, and Tectonics. The incumbent guides the Section in formulating and implementing its research objectives and manages its administrative, fiscal and personnel aspects. The responsibilities of the Head of the Disciplinary Programs Section include the coordination of activities with the division’s Integrated Activities Section and other relevant organizations within the Foundation, other Federal agencies, community organizations and international partners.
Supervisory status Yes Promotion Potential 00 - All new SES members serve a one-year probationary period
More searches like this
- Executive Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Executive Directors Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Other Executive Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Jobs Outside Academe Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Executive $150,000 - $199,999 Full Time jobs in Alexandria