Statistician - ELSI Research
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a part-time statistician (up to 18 hours/week) to work with a team of researchers in the field of Ethical, Legal, and Social implications (ELSI) of genetic and genomic technologies. The ideal candidate will work directly with our project team conducting ELSI studies to prepare, analyze, and interpret data using quantitative methodologies. This position can be conducted remotely. This position is funded through May 2021 with the possibility of an 18-month extension.
- Collaborate with project team to define relevant research questions and recommend and employ appropriate quantitative methodologies to answer those questions.
- Perform statistical approaches for data manipulation and implementation of advanced statistical methodology including but not limited to: longitudinal data and repeated measures designs, prospective survey designs, multiple regression analysis, factor analysis, and structural equation modeling.
- Develop and execute processes for data quality control.
- Manage and clean quantitative datasets stored in database systems.
- Produce interpretation and presentation of research results to investigators in both written and visual forms (e.g., graphs, charts, summary tables).
- Provide statistical training and assistance to team members.
- Attend project meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, MIS, or related field.
- Two years of relevant experience. Intermediate experience using statistical software is required.
- Master's degree in statistics or related field.
- Experience working with large research databases and analyzing longitudinal psychosocial survey data.
- Ability to display a professional, positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in accepting work assignments with the ability to effectively prioritize tasks, understand processes, and resolve issues.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Other Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston