Washburn University's School of Nursing invites applications for the following adjunct faculty position to teach medical/surgical clinicals, Spring 2021. Registered Nurses interested in working with students and have an active Kansas license are encouraged to apply.
- Minimum of two-year’s experience in the nursing field
- RN licensed in Kansas
- MSN or working on MSN
- Include working with a small group of students in the clinical setting assisting with providing patient care
- Facilitating communication with the agency staff
- Assisting students with communication to other healthcare providers, patients, and families
- Ensuring facility documentation is completed by the student
- Supervising medication administration and completion of skills
- Grading student work
- Assisting with on-campus skills checkoffs and simulation
Availability or class schedule:
- Options of one or two days per week are available
- Clinical rotations are 8 weeks in length
Application Procedures: Please email your cover letter, CV/Resume to Dr. Debbie Isaacson, firstname.lastname@example.org .
The successful candidate will be required to submit to a background check prior to hire. Official transcripts are required once hired.
Washburn is dedicated to providing a student-centered and teaching focused academic environment and a curriculum that engages the diversity of human experience across the globe. We seek candidates who are committed to Washburn’s efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Application materials should clearly articulate how the candidate will contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity and inclusion through their teaching, research, and/or service.
Washburn University is an EOE. Washburn University provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or marital or parental status.