Postdoctoral Research Associate - Chemical Engineer
Job Code/Title PD - Post Doctoral Position Number P00001 Working Title Postdoctoral Research Associate - Chemical Engineer Department Chemical & Life Science Engineering Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $47,500 to $55,000 Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Post Doc Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Research Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? Yes - Continuation of this position depends on funding of the grant. Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
A postdoctoral position is available at Virginia Commonwealth University in the Chemical and Life Sciences Engineering Department working with the Medicines 4 All team. VCU, in collaboration with Phlow has received funding from BARDA to undertake a novel continuous process for the production of generic drugs in order to re-establish a basis of manufacturing in the US. This project offers the unique opportunity to participate in a development and technology transfer for the first ever continuous process for many of these generic compounds. This opportunity offers the post-doctoral scholar a unique training opportunity which will be difficult to obtain elsewhere, namely working across the crystallization, purification, scale-up, formulation, and design space, to develop a continuous crystallization process destined for a regulatory filing. The successful applicant will also need to be interested with mentoring and supporting graduate and undergraduate students and have the skills to do so, as well as work in collaboration with a larger and more diverse group of scientists working on the project at other sites.
• Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field
• Experience with crystallization, purification, scale-up, and/or formulation concepts.
• Expertise in modern analytical techniques for crystal analysis (purity, polymorph, and size) and solution analysis
• Experience in Design of Experiments ( DOE ) and how the technique is used.
• The desire to be a leader in the laboratory, helping others who are less experienced, and ensuring the highest levels of laboratory safety are ensured.
• Excellent communication skills are needed to ensure accuracy of reporting, including the ability to develop and justify original research proposals, compose manuscripts for publication, and verbally describe research efforts.
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to develop research plans for multiple individuals
• Generate conclusion reports, present data in team meetings & participate in writing of abstracts & publications
• Conduct scientific work programs and make contributions both independently or as a member of a team with other R&D staff
• Work through problems logically and apply innovative solutions
• Self motivate, and demonstrate a high degree of urgency
• Use scientific literature and database resources in the execution of project related work
• Expertise in the areas of crystallization, purification, isolation/filtration, drying, and how physical properties of solids affect performance.
• Using modeling technique to quantify crystallization kinetics and optimize continuous process
• Use the principals of green chemistry to drive the improvement of processes and use metrics to measure the impact.
Job Open Date 12/15/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants
Candidates for consideration must upload a cover letter of interest, CV, and two professional references to include emails and phone numbers in a single PDF file.
Applications must be completed and will be reviewed upon receipt and accepted until the position is filled. Employment will require successful completion of background check(s) in accordance with University policies.
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. VCU is committed to the diversity of its workforce.
Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/102366 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Chemistry & Biochemistry Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond