ATSU - Facilities Coordinator
A.T. Still University (ATSU) is seeking a Facilities Coordinator on the Kirksville, Missouri, campus. The facilities coordinator provides administrative support for all the Facilities Departments. They will act as a liaison and coordinator between faculty, staff, student and Facilities, Maintenance, Environmental Services and Security. They will assist the Director of Facilities and Director of Safety and Security with varied and often complex administrative functions including handling of confidential materials.
Major Job Duties
- Assist the Director with all functions of the department.
- Perform administrative duties for multiple departments, including Facilities, Maintenance, Security, Environmental Service, Boiler Plant, and Student Housing.
- Organize and assign work orders in accordance with priorities and exercise sound judgment in various situations.
- Plan, schedule, and monitor work assignments through the work order software.
- Handle inquiries and exercise judgment in referral to correct action offices.
- Coordinate and manage purchase orders, vouchers, and campus-wide utility invoices through the procurement and accounts payable software.
- Maintain all key forms and assist in maintaining the key inventory software.
- Oversee all duties associated with parking for staff, faculty, students, and tenants.
- Schedule and document compliance related inspections, including but not limited to various life safety, OSHA, EPA, and MDNR regulations and inspections.
- Perform work that is confidential in nature and relieve the Director of designated details.
- Assist the Director in the coordination, selection, and training of Security, Environmental Services, Maintenance, Boiler Plant, and support staff.
- Coordinate designated functions of the Facilities office of all campus events that require the assistance of any Facilities personnel.
- Be on-site as needed for various events to ensure that Facilities responsibilities run smoothly, including weekend events.
- Create and maintain records and notes
- Prepare reports, email communications, leases, and other materials.
- Draft/edit complex documents, act as a recorder at meetings and prepare minutes for attendees, and create briefing materials.
- Build and maintain effective communications and relationships with staff, faculty, and students.
- Coordinate campus moves/relocations with IT, vendors, internal departments, and other related parties as required.
- Exhibit initiative/independent thinking in solving problems and identifying and accomplishing unassigned job tasks.
- Assist with matters related to Clery compliance.
- Track project expenditures as compared to the signed contracts, quotes, and available budget.
- Coordinate and manage the institutional deferred maintenance software.
- Maintain call accounting software, including spreadsheets of all phone extensions of employees and tenants.
- Assist in maintaining door access control and databases.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelors degree required.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google platforms.
- Advanced knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Secretarial experience.
- B asic knowledge of building maintenance and emergency management, helpful.
- Effective oral and written communications skills.
- PC skills required, with working knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet programs, and other related software programs.
- Basic understanding of accounting, especially as it relates to purchase orders, project management, and fixed assets.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a high volume/high pressure environment and meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently
- Able to prioritize effectively
- Dependable, reliable, and responsible
- Able to communicate with all levels of the organization
- Possess basic traits of honesty, integrity, loyalty, confidentiality, and avoidance of conflicts of interest
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Other Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Kirksville