Associate Professor or Full Professor-Cybersecurity Engineering (CSE-1)
Located along Florida’s I-4 High Tech Corridor, Florida Poly opened its doors in August 2014 as the state’s 12th university and the only one dedicated to core subjects in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM education). The non-traditional academic environment focuses on applied learning, specifically in technology and engineering. Small class sizes give faculty the opportunity to work closely with high-caliber students, and the most advanced technology, including a Supercomputer, 3D printing lab, media lab and nanotechnology lab, sets Florida Poly apart from other state universities. Florida Poly’s innovative approach to higher education allows students to learn strong fundamentals within a traditional university department structure, while giving them opportunities to apply their learning through research and projects in emerging high-tech concentrations like Cyber Security, Big Data Analytics, Machine Intelligence and more. The University partners closely with industry leading firms, and faculty members are rewarded for more than just publishing. Industry involvement, problem solving, and the commercialization of technology and research through start-ups and small businesses are encouraged.
Associate Professor or Full Professor-Cybersecurity Engineering (CSE-1)
Job Description Summary
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Florida Polytechnic University invites applications for an Associate Professor or a Full Professor with broad teaching capacity in the field and with research specialization in Cyber-Physical Security of Industrial Control Systems. The Electrical and Computer Engineering is home to two ABET accredited degree programs in the University and delivers degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering. Concentration areas within the degrees are provided in include: Control Systems, Electromagnetic and Communication, Renewable Energy, Autonomous and Electric Vehicles, Digital System Design, Embedded System Design, Machine Intelligence, and Autonomous Robotic Systems. In addition, the department is adding a degree program in Cybersecurity Engineering which will open for students in the fall of 2021 with concentration areas in Industrial Control Systems Security, Smart-grid and Cyber Physical Security, and Hardware Security. The department also delivers a Master of Science degree in Engineering with two program tracks: electrical engineering and computer engineering. An interdisciplinary Master of Science program in Robotics is also supported by the department. Successful applicants must be capable of teaching a range of classes in the cybersecurity and electrical engineering curriculums including Circuits 1, Circuits 2, Techniques for High Fidelity Acquisition, Control Theory, Control System Design, Hardware in the Loop Simulation, and Cyber Physical Security of Industrial Control Systems.
Cyber-Physical Security of Industrial Control Systems
This position is part of a strategic expansion of the university faculty that will add approximately twenty-five faculty to the current approximate 65 faculty members in nine separate departments.
Applicants must demonstrate the ability to develop a highly successful teaching and research program, attract independent research funding, publish the results of their research studies in leading scientific journals of their discipline, supervise graduate and undergraduate students, and to teach effectively at both the graduate and undergraduate level courses. In addition, the candidates are expected to assist in the education mission of the department and to provide whatever academic service is requested by the Chair of the Department.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a closely related field
- Six years of experience as a faculty member or as an independent, post terminal degree researcher.
DESIRED / PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Curriculum development and significant teaching experience at all collegiate levels.
- Funded research experience as a Principal Investigator.
- Demonstrated ability to identify project opportunities and independently develop proposals that are subsequently funded.
- Experience with students’ academic mentoring and as a thesis advisor.
- Experience in program assessment and execution of a continuous improvement plan.
- Active participation in professional activities and organizations.
- Prior professional US experience with progressive responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse campus community.
ABOUT FLORIDA POLY:
Florida Polytechnic University opened for classes in 2014-15 and is the twelfth university in the Florida State University System. The University was created as an exclusively STEM-focused public university that offers high-value undergraduate and graduate degrees and that has intentional industry connections with a focus on economic development of the high-tech I-4 corridor. Dedicated to preparing students for the competitive STEM workforce, Florida Polytechnic University blends traditional subject matter mastery with problem solving and laboratory experiences to provide students with learning opportunities applicable to both the workplace and a career of lifelong learning. The University delivers its courses in small class sizes, emphasizes a positive student to faculty experience, and is dedicated to both its teaching and research mission.
Faculty are employed at Florida Poly via renewable, term defined appointments, codified in a collective bargaining agreement, that substantially mirrors tenure systems with reappointment and progression in rank upon completion of a significant review of accomplishments.
Lakeland, home to Florida Polytechnic University’s ultra-modern campus, is located along the I-4 High Tech Corridor halfway between Tampa and Orlando. Our central Florida community combines small town comfort with big-city culture. Florida’s High-Tech Corridor is home to 11,000 high-tech businesses, and Polk County alone has more than 600,000 residents, four universities and one state college. Lakeland is just a 45-minute drive from Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sports teams, and thriving performing art centers. With no income tax in Florida, and home values increasing by approximately 10% over the past year, Lakeland and Central Florida continue to rise among the best places to live and work.
EXPECTED STARTING SALARY: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE:
- Positions are open until filled (or recruitment cancelled). Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
- Employment is contingent upon proof of the legal right to work in the United States. This proof must be provided prior to employment at the University. An appointment is not final until proof is provided.
APPLICATION PROCESS: All Applicants are required to submit the following in PDF format when applying for the position.
- Cover letter indicating the desired academic rank and justifications
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy which includes the individual’s capacity to teach courses listed as part of the curriculum and the individual’s capability to support a degree in cybersecurity engineering.
- List of at least 3 professional references (names and contact information)
Special Instructions Regarding Attachments:
Required attachments are listed on each posting. Please be sure to attach all required documents in the Resume/CV field before continuing through the application. Once your application has been submitted, no changes may be made and additional attachments will not be considered.
An unofficial copy of the degree/transcript is acceptable during the application process. For positions requiring a degree, the official transcripts are required upon hire.
Foreign Transcript: Transcripts issued outside of the United States require a equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached with the application and submitted by the application deadline.
All document(s) must be received on or before the closing date of the job announcements.
This position requires a background check, which may include a level II screening as required by the Florida Statute §435.04.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Computer Sciences & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Lakeland